Thread: Political change

Default Political change

been wondering because i dont understand it that much. My population is demanding a political change. How do i do this? because now most of my places are starting to riot now because of this.

British-Bulldog's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Political change

You have to engineer a revolution in your Empire's capital, take Britain for example, they start of with a Constitutional Monarchy, if you wanted to say be a Absolute Monarchy; in London you would have to make the Nobility revolt. First off destroy all buildings which affect the Nobilities happiness, don't worry about this as you can rebuild them afterwards, once you've done this set the taxes really high for the Nobles, each turn you should get more and more demands from the Nobles to decrease taxes etc. After 3 turns there should be a revolution and if you want a change click 'Side with Rebels', for future reference if you don't want a government change click 'Side with Government'

Now if you have sided with the Rebels, your aim is to take the capital, once you've done this you'll have your new government. If you've sided with the Government then start recruiting if you don't have enough troops and sally forth and meet the rebels, as the advisor says, each turn the Rebellion gains more units so it's best to deal with them quickly. Anyway, once you've taken the Capital as the Rebels you'll be shown a video of your current national leader getting overthrown and you'll have your new government, also note that you have new ministers as well so you'll have to start improving your cabinet as well!
    Always remember:

Absolute Monarchy - Nobility revolt = Aboslute Monarchy
    Absolute Monarchy - Lower Revolt = Republic

Republic - Middle Revolt = Constitutional Monarchy
    Republic - Lower = Republic

Constitutional Monarchy - Nobility Revolt = Absolute Monarchy
    Constitutional Monarchy - Middle Revolt = Constitutional Monarchy
    "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it" - Winston Churchill