Thread: Empire Won't Install

Default Empire Won't Install

I just bought the game today. The demo didn't work for some reason though I never got the answer bc the moderators closed my thread. I'm guessing the demo didnt work for the same reason that the game isn't installing (what's the chance that both aren't working for different reasons?). Here's some information:

1) My computer is only 6 months old, I have 4GB ram, GEforce 9100, plenty of hardrive space, vista, and I have never had any problems with any game (including many old games) on it.

2) I have never had Steam before on this current computer, though I do have an account which wasn't active for over 1 year until I logged on to play the ETW demo.

3) When I press install, a window comes up that says "Installing system components" and then a new window comes up that says "Failed to run install script"

4) Every other TW game works on this computer.

I'm guessing the problem is with vista or steam. I'm hoping someone can find a solution because calling either microsoft or valve would be a pain in the ass. Please help!

Default Re: Empire Won't Install

Moving to Tech Help.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

It's not vista for sure, since I have vista and ETW installed.
    Maybe try restarting your computer.

I did but it still didn't work.

Well, you're definitely on the right track because that's exactly what my screen looked like. Thanks! I'll continue to read more into it.

edit: I tried it but it didnt work. Now, I'm just downloading ETW from the internet.

Can someone please help me?
    Last edited by Icefrisco; March 06, 2009 at 07:57 PM.

I tried to find steam support but apparantly Steam has no number to call so apparantly unless someone on this site can save me, I'll never get to play ETW and I've lost $50+. Thanks a lot steam.......

hey i installed empire total war it worked fine till i got to the stem part when that loaded i pressed launch and a blank screen came up so after alot of fustration i uninstalled empire totalwar

That makes me feel really excited about this game.

I really need help. I tried calling sega but it too doesnt have anyone to help me.

Hi, I've got the same problem. I can't install the game because "failed to run install script" when I launch the installation. I'm searching a solution since 1 week. pliz help

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

If you expect some help to your technical problems you need to provide details of what you have done.

Is it a Steam Download or is it a game on a pair of DVDs?
    Have you managed to play anything on steam before?
    What operating system are you using?
    What anti-virus software are you running - did it block anything?

I've just updated my video drivers, updated windows software and installed the Special Forces edition on a pair of DVDs. I was playing the game within 1 hour of starting this process - including updating the game with any patches.

I am running a Visa 64bit OS with a pair of GTX280s in SLI mode. So, basically the game isn't broken there is something that is either wrong with your systems or how you installed the game.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Khan Kong's Avatar Ordinarius

That Steam is Satan's invention. I've been trying to install the game for two days, I've spent a lot of money on the internet. "Creating cache files" kills me.
    Please tell me someone if I have to be connected to the internet when installing?

P.S. Oh, I have DVD Special Forces if anything...

"Europe has no balls to accept our truth, but has no gas to dictate its will"

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Khan Kong View Post
    That Steam is Satan's invention. I've been trying to install the game for two days, I've spent a lot of money on the internet. "Creating cache files" kills me.
    Please tell me someone if I have to be connected to the internet when installing?
    I was connected to the internet during the install process. I don't think you need to though - only to 'validate' the game.

How fast or slow is your internet? Did you download the game from Steam or did you buy is from somewhere else?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Khan Kong's Avatar Ordinarius

I have slow internet. DVD game

"Europe has no balls to accept our truth, but has no gas to dictate its will"

[quote=Brusilov;4689586]

Empire total war
    Error "failed to run install script" when clicking the instalation button:
    _it is a game on a pair of DVDs.
    _never managed to play anything on steam before. but steam is installed and game's key validated.
    _my system is XP.
    _my anti-virus software (avast) was running -

resolved after closing avast anti virus.