Thread: RE-packing

Default RE-packing

Hello

Ive made a little mod and i was wondering how you put the files into a pack file so it works in the game.

Thanks

Rt. Hon. Gentleman's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: RE-packing

I am also wondering this.

I am making my music mod, and I have had no issues extracting the pack, changing the music files to the ones I want, etc, but the game (in a rather mod-unfriendly way) will only run the pack files, it seems.

Does anyone have a solution? Alpaca? Ancientxx?

Check alpaca's post here. He made some new code that allows you to repack the files after you've edited them. I tried it and it works. I was able to edit the time it takes to build buildings in the db files in the patch.pack, and after i repacked them my changes showed up in-game.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...93#post4512693

Rt. Hon. Gentleman's Avatar Campidoctor

Thank you so much, Serben! Plus rep, naturally. I am glad you were able to make your time-mod. It sucks that not only is this one of the worst TWs in my book, it's also the hardest to mod. WTF were they thinking! Thank you so much!

You're welcome, and thanks for the rep.

I dodnt get it to work. Maybe someone who was able to repack the files can post a litte guide or something like that. I am really desperate right now
    Don't smoke the seed

Yeah, I could not get it to repack either.

Serben -- did you change the .py (I would guess you changed it from demo1.pack yes?)? What does your .xml look like? And what was the path your extracted files were in?

I can get it to say, "Changing pack to patch.pack_old" but it never packs anything.

My .xml is:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <packs>
    <pack>
    <name>patch.pack</name>
    <files>
    <file>
    <name>db\unit_stats_land_tables\unit_stats_land</name>
    <path>repack\db\unit_stats_land_tables\unit_stats_land</path>
    </file>
    </files>
    </pack>
    </packs>

My command line is:
    -p patch.pack_old -r repack.xml patch.pack

Hmmm... wonder if I have the right verson. Where precisely did you download it from?

EDIT: totally retarded of me -- I cut and paste his code in from page 4, and it worked with no problems.
    Last edited by sage2; March 08, 2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: I'm a tard.

I am working on a Pack File Manager which will make it easy to add, delete, replace, and extract files from pack files. It's almost ready for an initial release, I'm just ironing out some bugs in the saving. It'll also associate pack files with Windows Explorer so you can open them via double-click, come with an installer, etc.

Ah I got it to work. I have had mistakes in the repack.xml
    Don't smoke the seed

Quote Originally Posted by LtChambers View Post
    I am working on a Pack File Manager which will make it easy to add, delete, replace, and extract files from pack files. It's almost ready for an initial release, I'm just ironing out some bugs in the saving. It'll also associate pack files with Windows Explorer so you can open them via double-click, come with an installer, etc.
    Good to hear