Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dark Throne - Game Tips and Bad Guy Alerts

Crandar's Avatar Civitate

Dark Throne - Online Text based game

Since this game seems to have attracted some ongoing participation, I have created this consolidated all the basic strategy tips and Frequently asked question type things that can be filtered out from the hundreds of pages of existing game progress info.

It will still take a few days as time is available to gather up all the good info that is buried in the other thread, but in the interim if you have new game play tips you can feel free to post them here. Try not to just duplicate and spam multiple copies of existing info

Please do not clutter up this thread with spam and "Oh yeahs!" and "Neatos!" even though those comments might be in good fun. We hope to keep this info clean and usable while you use other tools like the game play progress thread and chat and Pm and IM to help your move the game along. From time to time this thread may be cleaned up along with the game progress thread(s) to keep them up to date and useful.

You may also use this thread to post warnings or alerts about other darkthrone game players that you wish to have members of your aliiance watch out for and be careful to avoid.
    Letter of Marque granted from: Siblesz (Oh noble master!)
    Honored Patron of: Invoker47, Epistolary Richard, Simetrical, and Brodiseus

Animis opibusque parati et animus facit nobilem!

Necrobrit's Avatar Urbanis Legio

Hmmm, I seem to have overlooked something in my strategy here.... I'm rather low on citizens, but I'm starting to gain them through the endless-clicky-advertisment thing, but now I don't have any money to upgrade those troops and give them new items... now the fastest way to get money is to attack people, but attacking people means I'll level up and then be stuck at a hight level with not troops upgrades, or money....

So in essence, I'm leveling up to fast and I can't stop. :blink

The Imperial House Of The Wolf
    Son of WBK/Anagennese.
    The second generation of The Imperial Household: Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion, Kagemusha, Muizer, Battle Knight and Asterix
    Father of Zuwxiv, Borsook, PyrrhusIV, and Aristocrat formerly bestowing patronage upon Omnipotent-Q

Emperor Dimitricus's Avatar Royal Corps Of Signals

try to get some miners. that way, everyday youll get loads of money. just leave it to grow and grow.

edit: necrobrit i owe you 20,000 right? ill send it to you as soon i get it (i think should be now)

It seems to me like the best way to get cash without levelling is to do a few big attacks rather than a lot of small ones. You're better off pillaging one guy with 100,000 gold than two guys with 50,000 each. Combine that with miners and you should rake in the cash without getting too much xp.
    "Jamf was only a fiction, to help him explain what he felt so terribly, so immediately in his genitals for those rockets each time exploding in the sky... to help him deny what the could not possibly admit: that he might be in love, in sexual love, with his, and his race's, death." - Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow

Join my Dark Throne army!
    Proudly patronizing Nihil

Civitate

A tip: Try and find a really rich realm with an army of zero. I managed to make well over half a million in one attack against a guy with no army, without getting much experience. So hopefully I'm strong for a guy of my level now.
    Under patronage of: Wilpuri

Originally posted by KingOfTheIsles@Mar 6 2005, 03:23 PM
    A tip: Try and find a really rich realm with an army of zero. I managed to make well over half a million in one attack against a guy with no army, without getting much experience. So hopefully I'm strong for a guy of my level now.
    Theres no one around my level like that anymore... and usualy the rich ones have the best upgrades, and so have a deceptivly small army with a lot of power...

Hmmm, I wonder how many miners I would need to get a million a day...?

440.... hmmm, that might take me a few days.

P.S. anyone mind attacking this guy?: babyboydave

Son of WBK/Anagennese.
    The second generation of The Imperial Household: Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion, Kagemusha, Muizer, Battle Knight and Asterix
    Father of Zuwxiv, Borsook, PyrrhusIV, and Aristocrat formerly bestowing patronage upon Omnipotent-Q

:w00t My developing income:

Miners
    You currently have 202 miners working in your mine.

Each miner is bringing in 45 gold.

Train more miners to bring in additional resources.

Income
    You make a base of 1,000 gold per turn.
    Your miners mine 9,090 gold per turn.
    Including your wealth bonus and fortification gold, your gold per turn is 10,292.
    Your daily income is 494,016.

To increase your productivity train additional miners.

To gain additional resources upgrade your mine to a Coal Mine.

Son of WBK/Anagennese.

Civitate

Population 148
    Army Size 71
    Offense 5,407
    Defense 11,849
    Spy Offense 523
    Spy Defense 3,311
    Attacks Won 31/33(94%)
    Defends Won 0/0(0%)
    Spy Victories 67/69(97%)
    Sentry Victories 0
    Gold 11,500
    Gold In Bank 546,186
    Level 9
    Experience to Next Level 7,783
    Ah, Necro, watch out. If you're not careful, people will be "farming" you soon. *wink* Your stats are quite weak for a player of your level.
    Under patronage of: Wilpuri

Just figured out that if you go to the auto-recruiter and hit "twc alliance", you can recruit for all of our armies. Didn't know if you guys knew that or not, but it's pretty cool. Whenever you're on you should take a second to bulk up everyone else's army.
    "Jamf was only a fiction, to help him explain what he felt so terribly, so immediately in his genitals for those rockets each time exploding in the sky... to help him deny what the could not possibly admit: that he might be in love, in sexual love, with his, and his race's, death." - Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow

Join my Dark Throne army!
    Proudly patronizing Nihil

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Considering last night I spent 5 million in 1 minute, I'd have to say 'yes'. Anyhow, put whatever I give you straight in the bank.

EDIT - Keep getting an error saying I don't have enough gold, (I have 4 mil). Anyone know how to bypass this?

Originally posted by Octavian@Mar 8 2005, 03:17 PM
    Considering last night I spent 5 million in 1 minute, I'd have to say 'yes'. Anyhow, put whatever I give you straight in the bank.

EDIT - Keep getting an error saying I don't have enough gold, (I have 4 mil). Anyone know how to bypass this?
    Withdraw the money out of the bank and then you can spend it.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

Early I think you should go for Charisma, as it makes things cheaper in the armory, and for Defense. I don't think Wealth is that important, it's more important to make a lot of miners. I also gave a few points to my attack. Te one related to spies seems rather useless.

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Is it just me or is the spy system very bugged ??
    I spy on this guy and my spies reports that he has 0 guards and 0 archers so thinking he will be easy picking I attack.
    But then I find out that he does in fact have 31000 in defense and thus kicking my a$$ :blink

it is bugged, you need to have your spy offense way above his defense

The best thing to do at the moment is to try to get as many miners trained up as possible, and with your gold up your offence/defence stats with items from the armoury.

So start recruiting now, and you should start getting some citizens back today. If you go to the recruiter page, make sure you enable the alliance recruiter, and use that first, as not only will it increase every members population, but it also allows you to recruit to yourself, so you will get one new citizen every day from yourself if you use it, plus the ones you receive because of the credits.
    Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all Ypatia (350-370? – 415) AD
    Check it out

What happens when all fortification points are lost...or all guards are defeated? I was saving up for some defense upgrades, was attacked, and had my cash stolen. If I can get this person's fortification points to zero, is there any cool penalty for him? :mellow

It was someone named feed_the_poor...at level 16...with 27000+ attack points! :blink
    His defense sucked though, so I attacked him back about 3 times, but hes smart enough to bank all his money.

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

someone please attack my enemy:

http://www.darkthrone.com/viewprofil...ion=&id=466505

This nave has pillaged my lands and robbed my people not once but twice! His kingdom must ravaged and all his people put to the sword! I will do my best against him but I fear his army may be too powerful for me to defeat.
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

How can I get elite archers...is there a building requirement?

Originally posted by ss_heinrich@Mar 17 2005, 10:01 AM
    How can I get elite archers...is there a building requirement?
    No it's not a building requirement, it's one of the bonuses that the Elves get.

I have been trying to help wipeout140 get a bit more traffic to his gaming website, so have been posting a few bits and pieces at his Forum. Here is a link to the little bit I have posted about DarkThrone. If you look at it, you will see what bonuses each race gets, this will answer your question. Check this link
    Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all Ypatia (350-370? – 415) AD
    Check it out

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast