Thread: fishing v trading ports

Default fishing v trading ports

Simple question--why the hell would you ever get a fishing port over a trading port? They generate virtually the same income on their own, but trading ports generate vastly greater amounts of income through profitable trade, even if you have no overseas holdings. Plus, its just as easy to blockade a fishing port and a trading port.

Does a fishing port continue to generate income even when its blockaded or something? What makes a fishing port worth getting? :hmmm:

Default Re: fishing v trading ports

It also increases population growth.

ah that makes sense. I guess the increased pop growth helps open up new villages and so on and so forth. Still seems like the trading post will generally be more worth it tho...

I'm not far enough along to really tell for sure but if ETW is anything like the earlier TWs, wealth from trade will never over take taxes. Ergo increasing population is a worth while endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by s1agathor View Post
    I'm not far enough along to really tell for sure but if ETW is anything like the earlier TWs, wealth from trade will never over take taxes. Ergo increasing population is a worth while endeavor.
    hehehe, play as the Dutch or any other big tradeing nation and your trade should be 2X or 3X your tax.

fishing ports are solely to help jumpstart a settlement that has a very low population (it reduces food shortages) while adding a humble amount of income.