Thread: Revolution

TeutonicKnight's Avatar Miles

Default Revolution

So my people are getting pretty damn discontented. I've got universities pumping their heads full of all these damn liberal ideas like freedom and democracy, and they just aren't following the Queen's orders like they used to anymore. Even random executions and press-gangs aren't doing the trick.

So I figure, fine, give them what they want. They say they want a revolution, well you know, everybody wants to save the world.

I pump my tax rates up to max, and click, click, click on the end turn. What do I get for my troubles? Revolution, NO. Lots of rebellions, a faction reappearing, etc. But no nice revolution.

How in the name of Zeus' butthole do I get a popular revolt and an opportunity for reform?!?
    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl."

~Frederick the Great

Default Re: Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by TeutonicKnight View Post
    I pump my tax rates up to max, and click, click, click on the end turn. What do I get for my troubles? Revolution, NO. Lots of rebellions, a faction reappearing, etc. But no nice revolution.

How in the name of Zeus' butthole do I get a popular revolt and an opportunity for reform?!?
    For a revolution to happen, you need to incite a rebellion in your capital region. Revolts everywhere else just stink--so you want to do things which exacerbate unhappiness in your home region, but preferably not much elsewhere. You could do things like razing your Pleasure gardens/other happiness building and replacing it with a university; leaving no garrison in the capitol, and generally trying to trash the happiness in that region without impacting the other regions.

TeutonicKnight's Avatar Miles

Oh, is that all? Hell, I can do that...

Soon as I repair my kingdom, that is.
    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl."

~Frederick the Great

Just exempt all the other provinces from taxes so you only have the high taxes in your captial. Then the revolution will start.
    Don't leave any troops in your capital to increase the effect.

@Teutonic: You are a funny, funny man (I presume). And thanks for asking my burning question.

@remosu: Thank you thank you thank you for the answer.

Those uppity peasants--just let them try to manage this empire. Then they'll see: it takes breeding, noble genes, and even then it's no cake walk! They'll come running back to the gentry, oh yes they will.

MPMFV's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by TeutonicKnight View Post
    So my people are getting pretty damn discontented. I've got universities pumping their heads full of all these damn liberal ideas like freedom and democracy,
    LMFAO! Oh man that's funny.

Libertus

Will you lose your regions though? If you start a rebellion and you have to choose between 2 sides.. like in MTW.

No you do not.

I have had the peasants revolt in every game, but my nobles always think I can walk on water, and when I bend over the sun shines. I even keep their tax rate a 100% for the entire game.

Wish I could get them to revolt once, just to try a different government.

Quote Originally Posted by chronobomb View Post
    I have had the peasants revolt in every game, but my nobles always think I can walk on water, and when I bend over the sun shines. I even keep their tax rate a 100% for the entire game.

Well if you play a monarchy your noble will be satisfied but in a republic you can easily get in trouble. Try the Dutch it should not be hard. When I raised taxes to high they became red.

Quote Originally Posted by chronobomb View Post

You upper class produce the town wealth growth, if you have 100% your welth will not grow that much, at 25% you get lots of extra wealth added to the region by the richness of the town, then you can bring taxes back up for extra cash.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

There are three types of government though, how can each of them be achieved?

I wouldnt mind having a Dutch kingdom. We got our royal line after all, might as well put it to use.