Page 9 of 126 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official ETW Frequently Asked Questions Thread

Default Re: For those who completed RTI

Anyone?

Senator

Default Re: Firing formations

@ kew: select the late period and select one line infantry unit and in the battle map u will see the button to toggle platoon firing on/off.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Default Re: The Official ETW Gameplay Questions and Answers thread

I know that you have to do that trough a revolution, but I can't trigger a revolution. In my Sweden campaign I also raised the lower class taxes but then all kind of rebel armies spawned. And I'm afraid that Sweden comes back if I do this in my British campaign.
    Last edited by S-te-Fan; March 07, 2009 at 02:45 AM.

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

How do you fix the sound on xp?.

Default I get no goods from the trade zones

Hi

I'm playing as Sweden. Some turns ago I parked a trade fleet in a trade zone in Brazil and one along the Ivory coast.

The trade icon is flashing over the ships, but I see no trade route and these two zones do not pop up in my trade screen. I tried moving the ships in and out of the zone, but to no avail.

Is this a bug, or is it simply caused by me having all trade agreements maxed out?

thnx/EoE

Default Mughal Empire...?

I thought we were going to have Mughal Empire at least an unlockable major nation.. They are one of the largest nations in the game, and they aren't playable? Why the hell. I know they are the only major nation we can't play as, but furthermore they even have some unique units, and they have an intro coding like the rest of the playable nations, and things like that. Something is seriously up with us lacking a playable Mughal Empire.

Semisalis

Default Re: Mughal Empire...?

I think we we will get to play them eventualy. Either as a free update or an Addon.

The RTI campaign will just end and you will be taken back to the main screen, and from there you can choose RTI again and pick to start as the US in a grand campaign.
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

It's really weird, because they seem to have all the necessary files, and even a description. It's REALLY weird, it's like something they intend to leave for a patch. Which might be smart, but it's like why is this obviously playable nation, not playable from the get go? I was looking forward to playing Mughal Empire personally.

Default Re: I get no goods from the trade zones

ive had the problem. ONce u put a fleet into a trade area dont move a ship out of it. When i did that i get bugged or something. The ships that are left inside the trade spot stops trading and can no longer be moved.

How do you let your infantry hide behind walls? Mine just stand behind it, but they don't crouch. Is there any special command?

SPOILER

Nothing happens a cut scene happens and then you go back to the main menu. So yer for those who were hoping it would go on nope. Its basically just a mini campaign to get you into the game.
    Long live the British Empire

Attatch bayonets and charge!

Default Do stacks march with generals/officers only?

Bought it but my comp's out of action. Just wondering if stacks are being properly led more frequently or even all the time. An enemy general's presence usually makes a battle harder to win in med2.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Europe View Post
    Hi

I'm playing as Sweden. Some turns ago I parked a trade fleet in a trade zone in Brazil and one along the Ivory coast.

The trade icon is flashing over the ships, but I see no trade route and these two zones do not pop up in my trade screen. I tried moving the ships in and out of the zone, but to no avail.

Is this a bug, or is it simply caused by me having all trade agreements maxed out?

thnx/EoE
    Hilarity -- because I started a Swedish campaign tonight as well and I ran into the exact same problem.

I can attest to the fact that when I was playing GB -- all the trade mechanics did work. No income as Sweden from the trade zone in the Ivory coast though. I tried three different slots.

you have big trade routes in etw?

So I've researched the "fire by rank" ability but no click able icon appears, my question is this

"do some of you see an icon that allows you to control this ability?"

I've seen my soldiers randomly using this ability and others but I have no control over it.

Alright, clearly we have a bug, half the people on here see "fire by rank" and the other half don't.
    Last edited by blowfish; March 07, 2009 at 03:25 AM. Reason: came to conclusion from reading multiple entries

Quote Originally Posted by blowfish View Post
    So I've researched the "fire by rank" ability but no click able icon appears, my question is this

"do some of you see an icon that allows you to control this ability?"

I've seen my soldiers randomly using this ability and others but I have no control over it.
    fire by rank is automatically applied, no button is needed.

however, what ive found very odd is that when you research platoon firing, your elite infantry will use platoon firing only, and there's no way to toggle on or off. your line infantry and light infantry will still use fire by rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther-Anthro View Post
    It's really weird, because they seem to have all the necessary files, and even a description. It's REALLY weird, it's like something they intend to leave for a patch. Which might be smart, but it's like why is this obviously playable nation, not playable from the get go? I was looking forward to playing Mughal Empire personally.
    yea its quite disappointing. Those guys in the modding sub forum are fighting a hard battle figuring out how to unlock the seemingly playable yet non-playable factions

But if there really is a description and files associated with the mughals and other big nations, then i'm quite sure that ppl will find a way out to unlock these.In M2 it was better, we could play even the timurids, mongols, papal states but in etw....

someone asked earlier about the redoubts and defences, they are available to selected units in the deployment phase, when defending and possibly when attacking but i have not used when attacking cos i was well attacking.
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Default Re: Prussian Revolution

can't wait to change prussian flag to black red gold flag