Page 7 of 126 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official ETW Frequently Asked Questions Thread

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Prussian Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Friedman View Post
    Cool I'll have to try and start a revolution then. How hard was it fighting as the rebels? One guy said it was almost impossible to win.
    well i tried to get my nation to rebel on purpose so i pulled all troops out of capital. i spawned about 6 units and fought 3 militia. stupid me i build star forts around the city first though so i had to storm those. i took heavy casualties but it wasn't too hard.
    You look great today.

Semisalis

Yeah, pull all troops out of your capital, but have an army stand just outside intercept range. Some of them will join the Rebel army.

Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh's Avatar Senator

You like the German flag? The Prussian flag is awesome! I wish I had remained a monarchy.
    nos ignoremus quid sit matura senectus, scire aevi meritum, non numerare decet

Quote Originally Posted by DogeCristoforo View Post
    You like the German flag? The Prussian flag is awesome! I wish I had remained a monarchy.
    kidding? looks awesome to me it fits the uniforms better too
    You look great today.

awisler's Avatar Senator

Yup, as stated pull the forces out of your capital, but ensure the other regions arent in rebellion. If you do happen to have to take a fort, I just climbed the walls, left a few units duking it out and sent most down to the center to hold it for 2 minutes. Its actually pretty easy that way.

And the German Republic flag is way cooler.

I like both flags. The stripes are dignified and republican and the Iron Eagle (that is just what I call it) looks very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by awisler View Post
    Yup, as stated pull the forces out of your capital, but ensure the other regions arent in rebellion. If you do happen to have to take a fort, I just climbed the walls, left a few units duking it out and sent most down to the center to hold it for 2 minutes. Its actually pretty easy that way.

And the German Republic flag is way cooler.
    the coolest part on my revolution battle was it was extremely foggy and when i zoomed in on the guys climbing the ropes the first guy up walked up to one of the enemy soldiers and snapped his neck
    You look great today.

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Quote Originally Posted by Alkarin View Post
    the coolest part on my revolution battle was it was extremely foggy and when i zoomed in on the guys climbing the ropes the first guy up walked up to one of the enemy soldiers and snapped his neck
    Nice I think I will rep you for no specific reason except that neck snapping is awesome

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Is the black, white and red flag of the North-German Union also implemented? Maybe for a constitutional monarchy?
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzerfreund View Post
    Is the black, white and red flag of the North-German Union also implemented? Maybe for a constitutional monarchy?
    not sure. ive only had 1 revolution and it brought me straight to a republic. if i have another revolution (i might just force one) i will let ya know
    You look great today.

Anyone know a way to look at the different flags and uniforms for post revolutionary units?

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

who mentioned german flags?

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

That is a relevant avatar and sig alright

Quote Originally Posted by Quixote07 View Post
    Anyone know a way to look at the different flags and uniforms for post revolutionary units?
    heres all the flags in the game (uniforms stay the same after a revolution..bummer i know)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

the white tattered flag is the base for when a army needs replenished

the blank ones with green or red around the sides are bases for revolution armies (when you attack with your revolution army your flag has a green line around it while the enemy has a red one. once you win the revolution they go away)
    You look great today.

Default Can't get a revolution!

I'm playing as Prussia so I have a absolute monarchy and I would like to create a revolution...however, I can't get one to start or even get my government popularity to go down...I raised the noble taxes and lowered the peasant taxes and no avail. HELP
    AHH YOU SHOULD OF REP'D ME LOOK WHAT HAPPENED..

Default Re: Can't get a revolution!

take all troops out of capital...build lots of schools (in the capital region) research philosophy techs. and raise taxes if you want. ( then maybe exempt all regions but capital from taxes so you dont lose the territories before the revolution)

btw your sig seems to be true since i have never given you rep and look at all the bugs
    You look great today.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkarin View Post
    take all troops out of capital...build lots of schools (in the capital region) research philosophy techs. and raise taxes if you want. ( then maybe exempt all regions but capital from taxes so you dont lose the territories before the revolution)

btw your sig seems to be true since i have never given you rep and look at all the bugs
    . Haha true... I'll try What you said but my capital doesn't seem to care no matter what I do...I'll report back anyhow
    AHH YOU SHOULD OF REP'D ME LOOK WHAT HAPPENED..

tell your citizens to stop being loyal i guess
    You look great today.

Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh's Avatar Senator

Raise all taxes, move the army out of the capital. It wasn't til around 1730 that I had my revolution.
    nos ignoremus quid sit matura senectus, scire aevi meritum, non numerare decet

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Firing formations

Now I can honestly say I'm not that well versed in the combat of this era. So I need to ask these questions before I forget to.

I know there is Rank firing and Platoon firing.

Are there more than just those two, and what are the differences?

I pretty much allready know that Rank firing is 3 ranks deep and after the first fires it kneels to reload then the second does the same.

What is platoon firing?

Is that were the first rank kneels and aims along with the second rank and they all fire a volley?

Also another quick questions, can you select which firing formation you want to use?