Page 5 of 126 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official ETW Frequently Asked Questions Thread

Default Ottoman Organ gun

Hi, just a question about Special Forces version of the game. I`m playing with the ottomans and i`m wondering if there is anything special that i should do to be able to use the organ gun, like building some building or researching some technology, or wait for a certain year to come, etc. cause i`m in 1730 and my artillery consists of the standart not very accurate canons and i want something that will cut through the enemy lines like a knife through butter And also, I`ve not played online yet, so when i unlock it will i be able to use it online and in battles against the AI?
    Last edited by Yokozuna; March 06, 2009 at 04:20 PM.

Default Re: The Official ETW Gameplay Questions and Answers thread

Should I have Auto Taxes and Auto Construction on? I don't really know what I'm doing so I figure that having them on helps? Maybe?

Jayzilla's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    Resistance to Foreign Occupation. Is there anyway to actively diminish this, or do you just have to keep a huge garrison and exempt taxes, then wait?
    no way to counter this though it drops sharply after a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by xxmaelstrom View Post
    Should I have Auto Taxes and Auto Construction on? I don't really know what I'm doing so I figure that having them on helps? Maybe?
    auto taxes i haven't tried but in previous games will wreck your game!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Vallius View Post
    Hey guys, I am playing Prussia and I am following historical route by attacking Austria and I am doing pretty well so far. Anyways, I am still new to ETW but I have two questions:

1. I remember that we can play ETW from steam offline mode but every time I am still logging on steam, how do I do offline mode (cause I hate those ads from steam).

2. Where can I get resupply ammo on battlefield? I mean if you gonna have ammo limite you should also able to resupply ammo, yes?

BTW. No matter what you do research Rank Firing tech fast, this is a MUST if you want to fight European armies.
    offline mode is in the 'file' menu. it says 'go offline.'

no ammo resupply in battle field.

and rank fire rocks against everyone
    Last edited by Jayzilla; March 06, 2009 at 04:49 PM.

is the dutch uniform olive colored?

Quote Originally Posted by xxmaelstrom View Post
    Well its not recomended to leave them on auto. If you want more money you set the taxes to high but be carefull as the taxes are set distinctly for the lower classes of your population and for the nobility. So if one of these is not content you should lower its taxes. 1 more thing - unlike M2TW taxes cant be different for each town(province) but they are the same for all of them. So when there is some unrest you should try everything else to make the people happier and as a last resort lower the taxes as this will bring you less money. Construction to auto is the fastest way to lose money and and lose them constantly and not knowing for what. Especially as some buildings are increasing unrest, so not only you lose money but you also recieve rioting territories and at some point there wont be a way back So build manually, read what each building gives you or what effect it has on the population and you save money for more important things.

Default missionaries...

How do I get them? are they supposed to spawn like gentlemen? because i keep getting gentlemen but never missionaries, even though i have lots of high tech religious buildings...

Default Re: missionaries...

you have to get new towns and make them church schools.

Default Noob needs help please

Hi, when i attacked a city in the campaign, And when i had killed all the enemy, i didnt won??:S And i could see some house with a door over them but i couldnt enter, It was a cross when i tried to click it.. So in the end i lost -.-,... becuse of the time. Why is this happening? SHould i move my troops to the north or smthing? Cse i thoguht when i saw the door thing over the houses that i needed to enter all houses and take controll over them. But as i said i couldnt enter the houses please help me and tell me what i should do to win?

Default Re: missionaries...

i did, like i said, and i even upgraded many of them 2 times, to divinity schools or something like that. but still missionaries arent spawning.

what nation are you?

Why is there no barracks or the option to build one in some cities? As the Spanish I've been stuck recruiting a lot of militia.

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Default not reciving a single mission

I'm up to like turn 30 or so of my marahas campagin i own almost all of india and i havent received a snigle misson. Why?

In Medieval total war there used to be a buton you could hit during battles which would highlight both armies on the battlefield, yours in green and theirs in red. This was extremely useful in seeing what was going on at a glance during a battle.

Did they get ride of this in Empire? I can't find a similair button

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

How do you cure "Clamour for reform" unrest? Research some philosophy?

Default A few questions about buildings

1. Is there any point in building more than one admirality? Besides prestige, all it does is to enable research.

2. Is there any way of upgrading region capitals? Some of them have lots of building slots, while others only have 2 (governors residences and fortifications).

Default Re: A few questions about buildings

1, Depends on how much money and if you want the prestige.
    2, Governors residences are "peaceful" appraoches that get better income from farming/mining etc. the other one opens up the military side of it all.
    V
    General Valantine of Bossumton
    Lord Lieutenant of the Cinque Ports
    Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

how do you demand protectorite? the mughals are almost finshed and i want to maybe but the option isnt there. Do I have to be at peace or what? I will deffinatly want to make native amercians and the like protectorites im goign to conquer the amercias and give the the natives it back afterwards and i dotn want to kill them.

I understood that part about region capitals, but is there no way of increasing the amount of building slots?

Evan's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by bajsmannen View Post
    I understood that part about region capitals, but is there no way of increasing the amount of building slots?
    I'm wondering this too.

Guys how the hell the agents can participate in duel? I`m playing with the ottomans and i see treats that say this scholar is good with sword, that with pistol, but i cant make them kill someone. And who are they supposed to duel- another scholar? With half of the campaign passed i dont have not even 1 duel.