Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official ETW Frequently Asked Questions Thread

Default Re: The Official ETW Gameplay Questions and Answers thread

I have fire by rank and square formation techs researched, but I can't work out how to use them on the battlefield; I can't see any icons for them on the panel when selecting units or anything. What incredibly obvious thing am I missing? Does the unit need to have been recruited AFTER the tech is researched, and be of a certain type?

The new techs will show up in a units abilities. Some units don't have certain techs. I'm not sure if you have to recruit new units for the tech to show up.

how i can close fog of map?

Cheers, django.

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

Default War of succession?

I was playing as the French and good ol' Louis XIV died and Louid XV succeeded him followed by a declaration of war by the Austrians and all of their allies/vassals. How and why does this happen and is it any different from a normal war? Are there any other circumstances like these.

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

Default Can Admirals change the ship they're on?

Hey everyone,

just got this game yesterday over steam and am loving it so far. However I haven't seen anything about the question in my subject. Nor did any searches in this forum give me an answer.

So is it possible to have an admiral change the ship he is on, if yes then how?

With kind regards,

Eleasias

Default Re: Can Admirals change the ship they're on?

I'm not 100% sure, but get the admiral in a port with only his own ship, and the one you want to move him to, and then scupper(sort of abandon, but not entirely, the middle button) the admiral. Then he should move to the other ship from what I experienced, of course you lose the earlier ship in the process.

Please do save before you try this.

Hope I helped,

Kimmy

Do any one now if you can togle the battle radar when looking at your recorded replays? And what are the way of doing this?

Anyway to still see the end turn screen? Missing that immensely right now.

Salaam,
    Adnan

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Resistance to Foreign Occupation. Is there anyway to actively diminish this, or do you just have to keep a huge garrison and exempt taxes, then wait?

Default Upkeep Question

Hey, just wondering whether anyone knows if there are free upkeep slots for units in cities, forts or anything along those lines.
    Last edited by garth; March 06, 2009 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdnin View Post
    Anyway to still see the end turn screen? Missing that immensely right now.

Salaam,
    Adnan
    it's been scrapped. you can still press the Faction button (the one with the building and your flags next to the next turn button) and it will show you something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    Resistance to Foreign Occupation. Is there anyway to actively diminish this, or do you just have to keep a huge garrison and exempt taxes, then wait?
    i believe that one in particular diminishes over time. otherwise, building up your repression works to counteract it. make sure you have good ministers and the proper techs.

Default RTI Complete US not unlocked?

As title says, completed RTI today in about 12 hours (Yea I took time to enjoy it ) and in the grand campaign it does not show US.
    Then, Sir, we will give them the bayonet!"
    - Stonewall Jakcson's reply to Colonel B.E Bee when he reported that the
    enemy were beating them back.
    At the first battle of Bull Run, July 1861.

"An army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team.
    This individuality stuff is a bunch of :wub:
    ."
    - General George Patton

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Renaming Cities...

Title: Renaming Cities
    How do you do it? Total noob question, been over it a million times, I know I know.

But still, how do I rename recently sacked Stockholm to New Bradenburg?
    Last edited by Sir Winston Churchill; March 06, 2009 at 04:11 PM.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Default Where is the 'attach bayonet' button?

When you have the plug bayonet researched, you do get the option of fixing it.

With the ring and socket variant, you don't even though the battle adviser clearly says that you can toggle them on or off. (giving youslower reload times when toggled on)

Has anyone nopticed this too?

Is there a fix for it? Quickkey doesn;'t work either, so I suspect it's not just a missing button.
    Last edited by Maizel; March 06, 2009 at 04:12 PM.

Default Upkeep Question

Hey, anyone know if there are free upkeep slots for cities/forts, or anything along those lines?

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Upkeep Question

Quote Originally Posted by garth View Post
    Hey, anyone know if there are free upkeep slots for cities/forts, or anything along those lines?
    No because militia is automatically recruited in your city. If you look at the bar next to your city, you will see a grey stack of bars. That, is your free upkeep space made up of citizen made militia. No, it doesn't grow, but it apparently never declines either.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: RTI Complete US not unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuklish View Post
    As title says, completed RTI today in about 12 hours (Yea I took time to enjoy it ) and in the grand campaign it does not show US.
    Episode 4 is a "grand campaign" of sorts where you play as the U.S. It goes from 1783-1810 with I think 4 turns per year. It's more than the Episode 3 campaign, it features the entire campaign map.

Warboss's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: RTI Complete US not unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuklish View Post
    I believe you go to the RTI screen, and where you pick your chapter you just pick United States at the end.

murat can's Avatar Semisalis

Default monarch question

so in my ottoman campaign, everything is going well, except the fact that the monarch is an idiot? he has 0 stars. is there any way i can get rid of him thanks.?