Page 10 of 126 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official ETW Frequently Asked Questions Thread

Default Quick Q

Alright guys, can some1 post a screenshot of their population unrest tab (if there is one). Just cause I wanna know if religious unrest is still there?

Cheers

P.S. Raging cause I have the game but won't work so have to wait till tomorrow to upgrade my PC

Default Lost my port^^

Hi!

I'm playing as Sweden and have right now a problem. You see, I've got trades with many factions and started to get a good economy. But one day the Danish people decided to take over my port in Malmö. I've recently taking over Copenhagen.
    The only thing I can do is to block the port, why can't I just take it? People help me, my economy has decreased... Close to bankcrupt.

Thanks!

Default Re: Prussian Revolution

The British rebel flag is nice.

I assume the American flag with a crown on is what you get if they flip to a monarchy? I like it.

Default Scottish Clansmen

well one of their first units they advertised was scottish clansmen..... welll were are they there not even in custome battles
    and i dont mean the scots with muskets but the ones with a sowrd and buckler ???
    where are they

Default What is this OTHER section in the wallet? Please Help!

I have +3000 coming to me from the start of the game in the OTHER section though I have no protectorates and no dealings (I'm prussia. When I switch to medium campaign mode (from easy) it goes up to 3330. Why am I getting this money can someone explain?

At one point I was losing 5000 from this other column though I had no dealings Please help!

Default Re: Scottish Clansmen

I imagine they are limited to a Jacobite rebellion? I don't think we British used clansmen in actual battles.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default how to capture a city?

I defeated all troops and still nothing happens so I quit the battle and it says I lost.

Same thing happened with a field battle, everyone defeated but no victory.

Default Revolution issues.

I played with austria, and did manage to finish short campaign. Only later in the game i figured that each school can research, and that gentlemen can speed it up. Are there more uses of them? Or only in research? (Duel i know)...

Anyway revolution started because new ideas spread, i sided with the rebels and fought with army with austrian flag (current one, red and white). I lost and game over?

Any hints?

AngarakaS's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: The Official ETW Gameplay Questions and Answers thread

Can the wilderness area's in Canada - Manitoba & labrador - be taken over and settled at all?

Default Re: how to capture a city?

You must capture the town square and hold it for 2 minutes i think....

Default Re: Revolution issues.

When you join the rebel forces you must capture the capital, or you have lost. If you had chosen the other side you would have lost if you had lost the capital to the rebels.

Xugaa's Avatar Tiro

Which ships can I use for troop transport?

Is it possible to remove the large flags sitting above cities, towns and ports etc? I am not bothered by the troops holding them.

... on the campaign map, thanks
    Unleash the whirlwind of our wrath. Our guns never tire.
    And we have beaten back the foe. Send them running!

Default Re: Can't get a revolution!

I got a Revolution no problem as Prussia.

Goto Brandenburg, trash all the buildings that can occupy a school and build schools in thier place.
    Trash anything in your city that will raise happiness.
    Research any techs that add to clamour for reform or lower happyness for lower classes, especially the pink ones.
    Move out all your troops from the city and maybe best to remove them from the province incase they assist the Loyalists.
    Change your ministers to ones with unhappiness traits for lower class and +% to reform if possible, failing that, replace them with poor traited ministers.
    Finally, exempt all your provinces from tax and raise the tax for lower class to max and set tax for upper class to zero.

The idea here is to educate your population and cause the lower class folk to hate your government.

I imagine you could alter these steps to over throw a Republic too, just make sure that you annoy the upper class or middle class alot, should be fairly obvious in how to do that based on the information above and from what others have posted.

Good luck with the revolution and enjoy your new flag.

Sorry to post here but I can't see the Technical thread now.
    My pc is struggling with this atm..not too bad on medium but graphics look terrible compared with other games..Grid,MT2,Farcry2.
    Can some kind person recommend a decent company (UK) and a pc under £1000 that will play this on high/ultra. I was looking at Novatech site. I have intended to upgrade for some time so maybe now.

DeaDBolT's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Revolution issues.

Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    If you lose the revolution, its game over for you.

Anyway, yeah, schools are great, you can even build multiple schools to research multiple things at once(took me a few hours to figure out) and spread your gentleman\scholars out to speed up multiple researches.

Anyways. the only efficient way of combatting"clamour for revolution" is to:

1. Decrease taxes, or even exempt a region from tax altogether.

2. Increase the stack sizes on your cities.

3. Having good minsters can also increase happines and overall security, good ministers really help A LOTT in increasing security, decreasing upkeep, increasing general happines for different social classes, etcetera.

4, Lastly, building likes Conservatoriums, Brothels(Pleasure Palace and the like) also help a great deal in inccreasing happines for both social classes and they spawn Rakes aswell.

Hope that helps

Cheers,
    "Opinions that come forth out of prejudice and lack of knowledge are always defended most fiercely, often with violence" Unknown (with additions by myself)

Proud to be Dutch.
    A proud member of S.I.N.

Something i said made sense? +rep me to +rep you.

DarthMod@Twitter (NEW!)
    Call to arms! An army of 5.000 is needed.

DeaDBolT's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: how to capture a city?

Geez, thats gotta be one hell of a bug, eithger that or its possible you missed a spot on the battle map, maybe some units still hid in the woods or bushes.

But this doesnt seem likely if you have experienced this multiple times.

Personally i have never, ever experienced this, in my battles i usually win by having all the enemies that remain routing and as for sieges, i usually starve them out.

Maybe your better of posting this in the bug/patch threads that have popped up.

And yes, you can just capture the town square, but if the enemy is destroyed , you shouldnt have to do so, i know i never had to so far and this is not true fot the land battles where he experiences the same thing.

Cheers,
    Last edited by DeaDBolT; March 07, 2009 at 06:21 AM.
    "Opinions that come forth out of prejudice and lack of knowledge are always defended most fiercely, often with violence" Unknown (with additions by myself)

Proud to be Dutch.
    A proud member of S.I.N.

Something i said made sense? +rep me to +rep you.

DarthMod@Twitter (NEW!)
    Call to arms! An army of 5.000 is needed.

AngarakaS's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jihada View Post
    Sorry to post here but I can't see the Technical thread now.
    My pc is struggling with this atm..not too bad on medium but graphics look terrible compared with other games..Grid,MT2,Farcry2.
    Can some kind person recommend a decent company (UK) and a pc under £1000 that will play this on high/ultra. I was looking at Novatech site. I have intended to upgrade for some time so maybe now.
    Look at Cyberpowersystem.co.uk

Some great rigs very capable of high.ultra for under the £1k you suggest

Tiro

Default War???

any one else having an issue where everyone declares war against you with in 3 turns??

even though i havnt done anything, other than build up my towns, and a few army/ navy units. driving me crazy as i usally lose all my trade income striaght away. impossible ;(
    i will fight as long as the enemies of the empire still draw breath.

@Angaraka Thanks mate. I'll do that.

Default Re: War???

Make alliances with the high ranking prestige factions on the first turn, bribe them if they don't accept at first.