Page 202 of 202 FirstFirst ... 102152177192193194195196197198199200201202
Results 4,021 to 4,031 of 4031

Thread: The (Old) Official ETW Criticism Thread

Default Re: The Official ETW Criticism Thread

Quote Originally Posted by django333 View Post
    ETW is the best selling TW game yet. So I don't think they are sweating too much.

This is true. Mediocrity does have a huge appetite.
    The extra development time will allow us to finalize and polish Empire, making it the most accomplished and epic of the Total War series." said Kieran Brigden, Studio Communications Manager at The Creative Assembly. "There is a great deal of anticipation around Empire: Total War and we want to ensure that it is the benchmark for strategy games upon its release.

ETW is the best selling TW game yet. So I don't think they are sweating too much.
    Yes it is and the bad feeling caused by this one wont impact on their sales until they release their next game. This is because customers aren't finding out there are problems with the game until after they have brought it.

Fix the game with a patch or something and dont leave it to long.

[QUOTE=BoomBaddaBoom;5747140]Yes it is and the bad feeling caused by this one wont impact on their sales until they release their next game. This is because customers aren't finding out there are problems with the game until after they have brought it.QUOTE]

This.
    I know that I have purchased each TW on release through Empire. I also know that I will not purchase another one, and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'll be interested to see the sales numbers for the Empire expansion, and whatever the next new title is. You can only release so much crap before you get a bad reputation, even among the casual fans.

The series is good because they gave the customer what they wanted with each release.

Every TW release is buggy. M2TW was horrible until some of the big mods started coming out. People have a short memory and by the time a new TW is released Most will have forgotten about this less than stellar release because a) as long as they release mod tools this game will be amazing by the time another TW comes out and b) they will be so excited about the new release and all the "promises" about it made by CA.

At this point, not releasing mod tools is about the worst decision CA could make. I think it is the only thing that can save this release for the die hard TW fans (myself included).

Just as a caveat to those who believe I am defending CA in all things, I have quite a few qualms against Empire as well, but my issue here is the sentimentality that is going around for causing legal action. That is the sort of behavior that is naive; disliking the game, or most of all upset that you cannot resell or return the game due to Steam are legitment grievences. I'm on board with everyone who is unhappy with various aspects of Empire and absolutely loathe the system Steam has in place of higher priced games with no ability to return or resell. However, when it comes to sueing CA for false promises and advertising, that's where I draw the line and refer to other examples of daily life where one is lied to on a constant basis.

If CA really is as deceptive as many of you paint them to be, then quite simply do not buy their next product, if this sentiment is that widespread then their sales of their next game will be significantly lower and CA and Sega will most certainly get the message.
    Last edited by Brenil; August 10, 2009 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenil View Post
    Just as a caveat to those who believe I am defending CA in all things, I have quite a few qualms against Empire as well, but my issue here is the sentimentality that is going around for causing legal action. That is the sort of behavior that is naive; disliking the game, or most of all upset that you cannot resell or return the game due to Steam are legitment grievences. I'm on board with everyone who is unhappy with various aspects of Empire and absolutely loathe the system Steam has in place of higher priced games with no ability to return or resell. However, when it comes to sueing CA for false promises and advertising, that's where I draw the line and refer to other examples of daily life where one is lied to on a constant basis.

If CA really is as deceptive as many of you paint them to be, then quite simply do not buy their next product, if this sentiment is that widespread then their sales of their next game will be significantly lower and CA and Sega will most certainly get the message.
    By your logic, the recent suit against Visa and MasterCard for foreign currency overcharges should never have taken place. Most of the people who got ripped off were Americans on vacation in Europe and they only lost a dollar or two. According to your line of thinking, raising an objection about getting ripped off over a couple bucks when your traveling is absurd, right? After all, vacation is entertainment and crying over a dollar when you just dropped $750 on a plane ticket is crazy. Never mind that those tiny overcharges eventually totaled up to nearly $700 Million in stolen money.

I mean, what if someone had figured out what was going on in the first year and contacted their state Attorney General and the resulting investigation for a $2 overcharge had prevented some of the subsequent theft? Would it be ok to be pissed about getting ripped off in that case but not in the case of a $50 purchase? Based on your argument, the consumers should have just switched credit cards and shut their mouths. Just let Visa and MasterCard walk away with the money because, after all, we all get ripped off everyday, right?

There's nothing wrong with using available resources to protect yourself as a consumer. CA has made tens of millions of dollars over the last few months alone. There's nothing ridiculous about those types of numbers. If they're generating that kind of revenue and doing it unethically, they should be held accountable.
    Last edited by erasmus777; August 10, 2009 at 09:14 PM.

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

May I please know what is your source on this?? If this is true then there is something really wrong.
    And just for the record, even if this game was bought in huge quantities, the quantity of legions of fans that got disappointed is even bigger!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Brenil, I'm curious, why shouldnt people be upset that they cannot return a faulty product for a refund? Yes, in the almost six months since release CA has resolved most of the stability issues, but for myself and a great many others, the game was simply unplayable at launch due to crashes caused by bugs in the code. However, when I purchase a retail product, I expect it to do (at a minimum) what the manufacturer says it will do at the time of purchase, not six weeks or six months down the road. Personally, I think that CA/Sega upset/lost more customers by not allowing returns than for the actual debacle they called a release. As far as previous titles go, they may have had flaws, but they were all playable right out of the box.

Ightenhill's Avatar Senator

Doesn't matter if its the best selling game in history.. Its sold on the back of other games that despite being pretty buggy as well, at least could be modded.. This one we cant even do that properly.. Unless its fixed I won't be touching the expansion never mind the next one (though I doubt there will be a anyhting else from CA new for pc tbh)

E8400 on Asus P5N32-E overclocked to 4.00ghz with arctic cooling
    POV GTX 285 XP (SP3) Crucial Ballistix 2gb DDR2 RAM

Default Re: The Old Official ETW Criticism Thread

This thread has become too long and unwieldy so it's time to start a new one. From now on, please post your ETW criticism here.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Closed.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.