General Churchill
On the moring of 5th of June in this year of 1720, we saw are first battle with the french in this war, a war that has lasted for 5 years, After years of preperations we invaded France, we did not have to look long for a fight.

Yesterday at 6 in the moring the french where upon us. They had more of everything, they outnumbered us 3:2 and had vastly more artillery and Cavalry.
I hurried my troops into possition, I placed 4 regiments of foot behind a long stone wall, this would be our left flank, I had only two batteries of artillery and I placed one of them with these troops, on the extreme left I Placed my self and a regiment of horse. Our right flank was dominated by woods, I placed 4 more regimetns of foot in these woods, and a regiment of foot pike, I also placed the second and last batterie of artillery right on the end of these woods. And again on the exteme right flank to regimetns of horse.

On the left flank it went marvoules, the french attacked with 10 foot regiments, but did very little damige, the musketballs bounsed of the stone wall, in the whole of the battle we lost only 100 men, while after the battle right in front of the wall we counted atleast 1000 dead french. I my self led a charge to take out some french.

On the right flank things got more serious, the french attacked with sevral pike regiments, and a mele ensured, they took out one of our regiments and our artilery, this is when The 2nd Regiment of foot, out did glory on them self and the army, at bayonet point in the woods, they not only chased of 2 foot regimetns but to horse regimetns to, they lost almost 50 men, but probebly killed or wounded 3 or 4 times that number, the french did not use the bayonet, and our superior bayonets and drill won the day.
Total lost 500, french losses where probebly 3 times that number.
We are taking camp now, to wait for reinforcements before WE attack them. I expect this war to be over by years end.

You humble servant.