Thread: Unpacking issues

JohnHamm's Avatar Civis

Default Unpacking issues

I unpacked the main.pack and the patch.pack ran the game and it worked, I then shut down my pc and went to work. When I came home I went back to play the game but it would just get to the first screen and sit there never moved. I had to shut down and re-boot, fortunately I had copied the original files and just put everything back to normal and it worked fine. anyone have any ideas?
    John W. Hamm

If you like what I post +REP
    and I'll do the same for you!!

JohnHamm's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Unpacking issues

So i;m the only one?
    John W. Hamm

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Does it do the same thing when you only unpack main.pack? There have been issues mentioned about unpacking patch.pack (and back in demo times also demo3.pack - that's why alpaca actually created a means to repack).

The last time I tried starting E:TW with an unpacked patch.pack the game stuck in a loop during the first intro video and then crashed...

Note: if you want to make changes to a file in main.pack that is not replaced by a file in patch.pack, there is no need to unpack patch.pack, since packs always get the preference over unpacked files.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

JohnHamm's Avatar Civis

Well it worked ...So I guess you are right as long as I don't unpack the patch.pack I should be alright. I saw alpaccas packing tool I can't say that I follw it well enough to repack all the files in patch.pack or main.pack so with any luck (hint, hint) he may be kind enough to make it as a standard file for us, once we start heavy modding.
    John W. Hamm