Thread: Why in the prestige screen it says the dutch have 0 for military?

Default Why in the prestige screen it says the dutch have 0 for military?

it confused me when i started a war against the dutch thinking they had little land power, but to my surprise they had a large army

Default Re: Why in the prestige screen it says the dutch have 0 for military?

is it a bug that its not recognizing their military?

My guess would be that they don't have military technology, maybe?

They have no military tech. And have more battles. The more battles they win, the more military prestige they'll gain.

They can get military prestige, but at start they have tiny army, no military techs, no famous battles. I have played as them as raised it a bit, but the Dutch not need army most the time.

still kinda confused by prestige overall. i tested it a bit and i can now easily see how military prestige goes up and down as i win or lose battles.

however for the other categories such as economy is less clear. i'm playing as france and doing well but i have the 3rd lowest prestige of all. i'm making a good amount of money and researching well with a gentleman in each school. i only have a value of 7 for economy but austria which is landlocked has a value of 20

Maybe Austria has loads of factories, they can make lots of cash.

The biggest factors on prestige are technology, followed by buildings, followed by what you actually DO with them.