Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The loading screen quotes

Primicerius

Default The loading screen quotes

Does anyone else find these to be incredibly witty and quite priceless Much better than the generic quotes for the 15-year old armchair generals in RTW or M2TW.

Wally's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: The loading screen quotes

I like the last word was Oh dear...

Quote Originally Posted by Armfelt View Post
    Does anyone else find these to be incredibly witty and quite priceless Much better than the generic quotes for the 15-year old armchair generals in RTW or M2TW.
    Some are really good and thought provoking but I found the majority of them to be quite pointless and not really quote worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Armfelt View Post

This is the age of Reason and Enlightenment. I'd expect the quotes to be better.

Icon12 Re: The loading screen quotes

i supremely love when we get a bit of latin in the quotes or the last words from famous people

Icon7 Favorite Loading Quotes

In ETW the quotes are far wittier than previous Total War games, here is your chance to show your favorites

heres mine:

"If tyranny ever came to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy" John Adams (slightly implying something about today (thats why i love it))

"Is it the Fourth?" last words, Thomas Jefferson

"War is always fought for old men by young boys" anon

"Cry HAVOC! and let slip the dogs of war!" Shakespeare

"I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse" King Charles V King of France (thats from Medieval btw, still love it though .

and finally

"My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go" last words, Oscar Wilde, isnt there, but should be there

Bocah_Bali's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Favorite Loading Quotes

"Mad is he? Let him bite the other generals!" King George XIII on General Wolfe.
    Bored/Frustrated/Angry at inaccurate in game uniform?
    Want to see another historical variation instead?
    Or are you a someone who wish to show your work on how "it should
    have look like"?
    Go and visit
    TWC community ETW re-texture compilation!!

lols, thee most random one i've ever seen :L

i like the one where the guy last words was "I die" wtf?!

"I die."

While some may consider that statement obvious, we're not present or even just hearing the news that "so and so" died. The sheer logic and intellectual courtesy the man showed in leaving that behind as his " final words" is just amazing.

I've often thought of what my final words will be. Over the course of my life I've had a number of very close calls and the last time I thought I was going to die, I said quite sternly and to no one in particular.

"".

I do hope to become more philosophical as I get older, perhaps even get to the point of sublime artistry as to leave behind something like the great Immanuel Kant's final words, "Enough".

I sure hope so.

guerra's Avatar Biarchus

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. -Benjamin Franklyn.

I like the one where some General or Captain yells at his men to stop dodging single bullets and stand up and fight, just before he gets shot down by a sniper. I'd love it if someone could post the whole quote, I can't recall it.

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Anyway I still prefer the Rome quotes to these ones. These ones are more comical than quotes of philosophic ideas.
    Last edited by Thanatos; March 27, 2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Continuity's sake.

up_and_adam's Avatar Civis

I think there should be more funny ones. and some deep scary 'war like' quotes. to much political stuff for me

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dont add Rants || Add Rep

Some of them are incredibly long and they don't get to the point quick enough (if at all).I've seen a few carried over from previous games and some of the newer quotes are good but "..., so 'n so, duke of w/e, his last words, before being hanged/guillotined/shot" just seems like it could've been phrased better IMO.

"in times of peace, prepare for war" <- we need more like this...I don't care if it doesn't fit the period, war is war, it's all relevant.
    Last edited by skullman86; March 27, 2009 at 10:10 PM.

Maximus_96's Avatar Senator

i like the one where it was a guys last words before being guillotined "I say you have made three mistakes"

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Extremely relevant to our current times

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

already a similar thread...could a mod merge this? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=233006

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Loading Screen Quote threads merged.

tbh, they had me with Marquis de Sade. They have any idea WHO that guy was?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast