Thread: Naval Camera Question

Default Naval Camera Question

Hello

I posted this sowewhere else bit this seems to be the correct Empire mod forum.

Is there a camera mod or would it be possible to be able to drop the camera down to sea level in Naval Battle mode?

Please help.

Thanks,
    G

Default Re: Naval Camera Question

Both the mouse wheel and I think either 'c/v' or 'z/x' change the camera height during a sea or land battle.

Edit: 'z' and 'x' slide the camera up and down (same as the mouse wheel) 'c' and 'v' tilt the camera up and down.
    Last edited by Jams79; March 06, 2009 at 10:09 AM.

JohnHamm's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Pleb View Post
    Hello

I posted this sowewhere else bit this seems to be the correct Empire mod forum.

Is there a camera mod or would it be possible to be able to drop the camera down to sea level in Naval Battle mode?

Please help.

Thanks,
    G
    I think this is the thread you are looking for, though I found this in the demo I have not tried it with the full version, if you use it tell me if it works
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...44#post4559344
    John W. Hamm

If you like what I post +REP
    and I'll do the same for you!!

Unfortunately, you can't get the camera to sea-level using the z/x keys, or the mouse wheel. I think it stops a couple of meters above, Level with the top deck of a Sloop, I think. Pressing the insert key while having a ship selected takes you on-deck (if it's a single-deck) and below deck if it's 2 or more) HOWEVER, this way, the camera is restricted to two feilds of view; facing to stern or facing to starboard-stern. In other words, you can't really do much.

Pressing the insert key during land battles is loads of fun though, you get "Bullet-cam" and "Cannon-ball cam." which follows right behind said projectiles when they're fired, right up until they hit. Don't think that works with navel battles though.
    My named ships in Empire Total War: (that i can remember)

Fifth Rate, HMS Poseidon.

Fifth Rate, HMS Dauntless.

Fifth Rate, HMS Enterprise NCC-1701

Fifth Rate, HMS Simi.

------
    "Ya best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're IN one!"

that trick works with the script file... great thank you!

Now is there a trick to get rid of all the HUD elements like a quick key or something?

Thanks!

Hmmm... seems that it keeps reseting into Standard cam mode when you play a land battle.... wonder if there is a way that it doens't override the whole time.