Thread: I think we're finally ready

Default I think we're finally ready

A Mr. " Ketzerfreund"'s post shows us how to get 1200 men per unit card with a simple change to the config file. A little math shows that this means we can now mod ETW to give us ~24,000 soldiers for one faction in a battle, That is big. And it means that we are ready to do battles at "Napoleonic" scale. Well, at least a corp sized battle anyway.
    Last edited by straggler13; May 19, 2009 at 02:38 AM.
    Fear is the perfect instrument for oppression.

And Fear is fed with ignorance and stupidity.

Elzabar's Avatar Krazy Kiwi

Default Re: I think we're finally ready

Moved to the Empire Modding Discussion Forum.

- Elzabar

This is still entirely useless. For one, you can't stretch out the lines past a certain limit.

Two, it makes cannons ridiculous on their cannister shots...

Three, AI is too dumb to handle all those men. The battles get worse than they are on normal settings.

..and all of this is assuming you're not lagging.

Would it not be possible to make some kind of "Grand multiplayer mod thing?" where you only used these kind numbers against other players? If you could make the maps bigger aswell, then you would have true battles!

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

You can get bigger units tha 1200, in the demo a guy made a unit 9999 men
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

You can get bigger units tha 1200, in the demo a guy made a unit 9999 men
    HOW?

I want to see pictures of that

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Walt, look at my guide again. I've never said that the 7.5 multiplier (the 1200 men unit, standard line infantry) was the maximum possible. It's just the biggest multiplier I had bothered to mention in that guide.

Testing 560 men (3.5 multiplier) in a custom battle with full stacks of default composition lagged like hell. However, many options were still at ultra, so depending on your machine you may be able to play fluently if you tune the graphics waaaaay down.

400 men units work prett well, so far. Note that each 0.1 added to the multiplier adds 16 men to line infantry (since it's 160 men on vanilla ultra setting). In a full stack that adds up fairly quickly.

I'm updating my guide with my playing experience whenever something notable shows up due to having that multiplier up. So, whenever you see a "new posts" icon in front of the thread, take a look.
    Last edited by Ketzerfreund; March 06, 2009 at 10:31 AM.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob