Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions and requests

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Suggestions and requests

Thanks Zarax for the answer and for tolerating me.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

We're a pretty friendly community here although small, you're welcome
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    Well, we could look into borrowing some more units later on, however changes to existing ones requires someone to redo the texture, which is a very time consuming process for me.
    however changes to existing ones requires someone to redo the texture, which is a very time consuming process for me.
    however changes to existing ones requires someone to redo the texture,
    requires someone to redo the texture,
    someone to redo the texture,
    someone
    ME!

I'd like to see anything you'd like to show then
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Will you consider to include the Force Diplomacy Mod into the standard, next version of XC?

It should be there already...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Sorry Zarax, my mistake. By using Force Diplomacy, even if the Romans do not manage to get the Marian reforms, you can take f.e. Capua, increase its population by cheats, turn it into a huge city and then give it to them. This will make the units who need the Marain Reform, recruitable, right?

Yes, that should work.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

A few unit suggestions for XC5:

An Evocata Cohort for the post reforms Romans.Quality should be between Legionary Cohort and Praetorian(which arent that viable for legions since they can be trained just in Rome).
    Because they would be reenlisting they should be much cheaper to recruit but have higher upkeep than normal Cohorts.

Add the Armored/Heavy Hoplites from the Greeks as mercenaries, make them very expensive and rare.They seem to disappear after the reforms and its one of the units seen least.

Maybe make the Local Greek Oligarch's general guard a Hoplite unit instead of torakitai.Every other local general seems to be using its Culture's elite unit except them(Noble Falx,Chosen Swords,etc).And it would look cooler on the battlefield.
    I understand though if realism is more important.

Gauls seem to require rebalancing but i havent tested them that much.Maybe add a couple of mid game infantry units or rebalance existing ones.

This might be just me since i like artillery but it would be nice if Hellenistic factions and maybe Carthage would get some artillery like Lithobolos for stone throwing(like in RS2).

We cannot make mercenaries disappear after reform unfortunately...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Oh no i meant that you dont see the Greeks using them that much since Macedon always destroys them and even then it would be for a short period of time.
    Thats why i suggested to add those to mercenary lists, just like we have "Greek Hoplites"(Eye Shields) now.But maybe just in Greece?

Hi guys, Just a thought. The cost of the majority of units are quite reasonable especially with the aims of the mod. It seems however that the naval units cost haven't changed, meaning that a fleet of 60 birs would cost the same to maintain as a 50 heavy axe men ( sabeans). It may well be worthwhile having a change in any updates. In addition to this if the force diplomacy mod could be used as a optional installer in the installation menu for future updates.

I hope that helps.

Hi, we didn't touch cost of fleets as it tends to discourage AI from using them.
    As for forced diplomacy it's already in game and uses the same system as XGM.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Hi, we didn't touch cost of fleets as it tends to discourage AI from using them.
    As for forced diplomacy it's already in game and uses the same system as XGM.
    Thanks for the quick reply Zarax, can I ask how to activate the forced diplomacy option?< is it like other mods where you activate the advisor via the help button.

Yes, you need to attivate it in the diplomacy screen
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Yes, you need to activate it in the diplomacy screen
    Thank you very much, it's a little difficult to follow all the threads, iare there going to be any further updates to the mod? e.g. new factions.

Yes, XC5 is under development, if you want an early (but not very playable) taste take a look at the test builds
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

That is great news, I can't wait to play the final version. You have done an amazing job on the XC4.1

Hi, I love the campaign ai on this mod, ai is very aggressive and gets high level units quickly making up for its poor performance in battles. As a player who never plays as Rome, I find the misile units are a little over powered and it seems ammo has increased which encourages a ranged style, which gets a little stale I have to say I think somewhere between xc and eb would be ideal in this regard. Traits on the game are excellent and I enjoy making use of the school city’s. I do think cavalry, especially the generals body guard is overpowered and wish this was toned down a little as it’s too easy to use the general to win battles. I tried playing as the Indians but noticed that rebel cities had small garrisons and were too easy to take and having elephants as your bodyguard was very overpowered, could the unit size be reduced to a hand full to make this campaign more challenging? This is my favourite Rome mod by far, have been playing xc for years and want to thank the modders for their hard work!