Thread: Interesting... is their royalty afterall?

Default Interesting... is their royalty afterall?

Just unpacking files for the heck of it and unpacked the advisor folder with all the things the advisors say. There's two of them that have so far caught my attention... one is that you might want to consider changing the heir to your throne.. the other is saying you really should replace the heir... interesting....

Another I've seen seems to be the one you'd hear if you clicked on the family tree panel.... interesting... very interesting. Monarch, spouce, heirs, decendants... and even relatives that might make a claim for the throne.

Default Re: Interesting... is their royalty afterall?

When the leader of Prussia died in my last game I received the message about my faction heir coming to power uncontested. I would assume that contesting for the throne might happen if your faction capital was sacked AND you lost your king? I'm not sure.

Wars of sucession have happened ingame.

The leader of the Northern army at 1700 for Russia is a Prince.

Another thing I noticed while playing was the Austria's Prince was on the campaign map as a general. I assume it was the Prince sense his name was Prince So-and-so LOL

very interesting! I hope this can be unlocked, the game really isnt complete without the family tree, I think. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
    Another thing I noticed while playing was the Austria's Prince was on the campaign map as a general. I assume it was the Prince sense his name was Prince So-and-so LOL
    If you mean Prince Eugene of Savoy, he is not, nor was he historically, the heir to Austria. 'Prince' in many countries of the day, including within the Holy Roman Empire, does not necessarily place one in the succession to the royal/imperial throne.

Oh well, guess he wasn't the Prince then If you look at your government sheets, there's that open space right after trade. I think that's where the family tree was supposed to have been but CA decided to take it out. Best thing I can tell is that it's still in the game, because you get the births notice and such, hopefully once we figure out how to view all of the game files it'll just be a quick and simple edit to reactivate it... probably along the lines of MII's sm_faction file and it's as simple as changing "has royal family" from no to yes.