Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by CaesarVincens View Post
    I'll check out the Scythian generals. They were given new models a while back, so that's probably what happened.

I don't remember what the model has, but if it really is a lance, then there isn't much I can do.
    Well just make a new unit card if they really are lancers.

That's the thing, I don't have the program to make a new card.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Well I could do that for you easily enough.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

If you're good with models or graphics we could really use a hand...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Not at creating them, no. But I do well enough manipulating existing models. Things like changing weapons, adding or removing shields, shoulder-pads, helmet crests, etc... Unit cards themselves are not difficult at all. But they are time-consuming, especially in large numbers.

I am not really volunteering for a full-time position. I just do not have the time with ATW. But can always fit in time for a few odds and ends, like fixing a unit card here, adding a weapon there, etc... I did a lot of the unit cards and model editing for Andalus' Additional Unit Pack that way.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Well, even the occasional weapon swap would help us a lot as we are completely short on that side...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I understand of course that you have other priorities, but we would greatly appreciate any and all work you could do. As Zarax said, we have no modelers on our team. If you are willing, we will call upon you for the occasional reskin or unit card. Pontus, for example, needs some units reskinned and given new cards.

I would be glad to help out with little things like that. When it comes to skinning I am no artist. All I can do is take pieces of skins, mix them up, and change colours is all. So if you know what you want to do with those Pontus skins then I can do it. But I cannot just create something new. That requires real artistic talent, which I do not have.

I did go ahead and create new unit cards for the Iberian Cavalry, which I checked are using a lance. Where should I email it to?

Reskinning is all the new Pontic units need.

And thank you for the new cards, you can e-mail them to me: sveniam89@hotmail.com.

Thank you. If you don't mind I'll send you the list of Pontic units that need to be reskinned and given unit cards to be done at your leisure.

And for future discussion of this topic, let us move to the discussion thread.

I have run across several cities which have ports, but no port icons on the strat map, Messana and Croton are two:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I am also having a difficult time chasing down routers. Most of the time that I click on a routing unit to attack them, my unit immediately stops and does nothing. I have to manually run my units back and forth through the enemy formations and hope I kill some by accident.

I know this happens once and a while in vanilla RTW, but it is dramatically more prevalent here for some reason. In my last battle, it literally happened every time I tried to run down a router. As it was a huge battle (a full stack on each side), it was a lot of times, at least two dozen.

I'll see if I can figure out what's causing the problem with the ports.

It is strange that your units halt. I would expect them to run in an odd direction, but not halt. I've not had this happen to me before. Are you using regular battlefield movement rates? All I can say now is that I am stumped. If it continues, see if there is any connection, and be sure to make note of when it doesn't happen.

I'll see if I can figure out what's causing the problem with the ports.

It is strange that your units halt. I would expect them to run in an odd direction, but not halt. I've not had this happen to me before. Are you using regular battlefield movement rates? All I can say now is that I am stumped. If it continues, see if there is any connection, and be sure to make note of when it doesn't happen.
    I am using the non-slowed down battlefield movement rates (is that the normal rate?). Like I have said, I have seen it happen before in regular RTW. Usually you are chasing someone for a while and then your unit just stops. In this case what has been different is that the units immediately stopped as soon as I clicked to attack. That and the frequency.

It has worked correctly before in XC. Now that I think about it, the smaller the battle, the more likely it has been to work fine. It is in the really big battles of full stack vs. full stack where it seems to happen the most often.

I am not really sure that is an XC problem. I am not sure how a mod would affect this. But it is odd that I am seeing it so much. Perhaps it is actually being caused by the number of people on the field? As I said, it happens most with really big battles, like 6,000+ soldiers. But I have had equally large and larger battles in Vanilla, Alex, and ATW without the issue.

It is peculiar. The vanilla move rates might have something to do with it, but I wouldn't put money on it. You might try reinstalling with slower move rates. (and as always a fresh install can work wonders.

Another thing' have you recently bought a new mouse? Or anything like that?

But I do not like slower move rates!

I will give the reinstall a try. Like you said, it is amazing what that will fix.

My mouse and keyboard are both the same as they have been for years, so it is not a hardware issue.

I have not had the problem of the router-chasers stopping after I reinstalled, so it looks like that may have done the trick. I have not had any huge battles since then either though.

I stumbled upon another bug today. It looks like there is no short description for the Roman Temple of Ceres.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Oops, I'll fix that in the next version.
    I'm glad you aren't having any more problems chasing down the vile scum who flee.

Edit:
    I checked the Temple of Ceres and it turns out it was just an extra "large_" hanging around.
    Last edited by CaesarVincens; June 12, 2009 at 01:27 PM.

Oops, I'll fix that in the next version.
    I'm glad you aren't having any more problems chasing down the vile scum who flee.
    I hate to say it but I just had the bug again last night in one battle. It was in a largish battle, but incredibly so. This was in a siege battle, and the other times were also in sieges. So maybe that has something to do with it. Although I cannot imagine what. The upside is that I had 5-6 other battles last night where it did not happen. I am also using the Alexander executable, so maybe that is the culprit.

I checked the Temple of Ceres and it turns out it was just an extra "large_" hanging around.
    Yes, that extra large is a problem all of us women have to face...

Quote Originally Posted by Subrosa Florens View Post
    I hate to say it but I just had the bug again last night in one battle. It was in a largish battle, but incredibly so. This was in a siege battle, and the other times were also in sieges. So maybe that has something to do with it. Although I cannot imagine what. The upside is that I had 5-6 other battles last night where it did not happen. I am also using the Alexander executable, so maybe that is the culprit.
    I do not have Alexander, so I cannot attest to it's stability with XC unfortunately.

Therefore, I put out a call; those of you who do have Alexander, please let us know if you ever encounter the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrosa Florens
    Yes, that extra large is a problem all of us women have to face...
    Ceres is the goddess of crops and fertility.