Thread: Taking Antigua

Default Taking Antigua

Its just not possible to land on one of the islands then move to Antigua town, anyone else having this problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: Taking Antigua

yeah i tried it, moved an army and couldn't get it to the capital. So just ed spain up instead when they declared war on my allies and i had that stack next to their colonys.

Yorkshireman's Avatar Praefectus

I landed on Antigua itself. You can't do it like previous TW games where you just point your fleet at the coastline from a distance and order them to disembark, it just refuses to. I took my fleet as close to the coast as it could go and then clicked on the shoreline after the fleet had finished it's move if that makes sense.

Take plenty of troops, theres a swarm of pirate mobs, about 9 units, I only took 2 inf, 1 art and 1 dragoons and got slaughtered to the last man.

I tried landing all around Antigua with no success, so then I simply sailed into the port and unloaded. Fight the pirates on the map and be sure to bring lots of cannons. You may be outnumbered 2:1 but will win flawlessly. Or you could auto-resolve and be exterminated by those peasants.

Libertus

Taking Antigua and the island next to it gets rid of all pirates in the game? Apart from the one in North Africa?

Hardrada992's Avatar Decanus

No, pirates remain.

I repeat.... pirates remain.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRGUqd_M6Mg

Yeah, the act of disembarking the army is their movement for the turn and you have to manually have them disembark. Meh.

I'm embarrassed to say that I had a hard time with the pirate horde there when I tried to take it. I had no artillery, and on VH/VH those pirates were wrecking me in hand-to-hand combat.

It looks like when I engage one Pirate Buccaneer unit with two Colonial Line Infantry, using one to melee them in front and another in back didn't work too well. I was surprised to see it was more effective for me to swing that second unit around to the rear and stick to using guns.

I'm obviously more used to Medieval era tactics. :>

Libertus

Better to get them earlier on, just use line infantry