Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 90.00%
  • No

1 10.00%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [PASSED 03/12/09] [Artifex] Master Zuma (Patron: Nakharar)

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default [PASSED 03/12/09] [Artifex] Master Zuma (Patron: Nakharar)

Client: Master Zuma
    To CdeC

I had 5 Interactions
    Russian/Georgian... August 12, 2008
    01:22 PM Expired 3 insulting others Dromikaites
    Private August 12, 2008
    01:21 PM Expired 3 insulting others Dromikaites
    thank you all for... August 12, 2008
    01:00 PM Expired 3 insulting others B. Ward
    Zuma mod 3 Interactive... May 26, 2008
    06:40 AM Expired 3 using modders' work without permission Hader
    Zuma mod for Stainless... February 23, 2008
    02:24 AM Never 0 using modders' work without permission Roman_Man#3

but it was time ago now i'm follow rules of twc.

For TWC i have many contributions in modding one tutorial and i created first guild of helper in m2tw moding. I develop many mods. Such as

East of Rome (EOR) (chief coder)
    Falcom Total War II : Dominatio Mundi ( developer co-leader )
    Dominatio Mundi : Road to Jerusalem ( developer co-leader )
    Stainless Steel sub mod Zuma mod 3 ( leader )
    Europe: Total War ( scripter )
    The Slavic Realism Project ( 3d modeller )
    Ferrum Aeternum {contributor in scripts}
    RUS 2 Total War ( scripter )

I started work on twc in last year and made a great work here
    i realesed 2 mini mods, 3 versions of Zuma mod 3 and open ZMG.

ZMG
    i'm want to say about it.First of all it' great team we help each other,
    also target of our guild it's help new projects with developing
    thread.

Im together with site imperial started new scients fiction project for empire total war.
    It's name Eden total war based on Harry Harrisons novels.
    It will be totaly unique mod like a new game.

We ZMG have also done a one tutorial about religion conversion script. I also keep good relations between TWC and Russian Mods

I will do more for empire.

I am also a local moderator East of Rome and Falcom Total War 2.

I want to be a artifex because i think i deserve it and it will show that i am a worthy modder someone who knows his stuff.

I want to be artifex to show my status and to in future be moderator

thanks for reading
    thanks to all
    thanks to Nakharar

Patron: Nakharar
    What is a citizen,what does it hold, who deserves it? Local Moderators? Mod Leaders? Debaters? Modders?

A question following a famous quote

Does citizenship honour members, or members honour citizenship?

That is a matter of opinion however Master Zuma would honour citizenship. To show how a foreign modder whos English isnt very strong copes and joins a number of modding team and works hard for all is amazing.

From humble beginings in a sub mod:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=167265

To grow into a influential member of several mods. He is the heart of some of these mods and without him they wouldnt exsist. He has shown capability in coding, skinning, scripting, team leading(he is chief coder of EOR and i and many others can trust him in times of economic turmoil and RL turmoil to get the job done).

That is why i think Master Zuma is a worthy candidate.

Thank you Cdec for reading

Regards

Nakharar

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

Default Re: [Artifex] Master Zuma (Patron: Nakharar)

Hmmm...

Patrician Citizen

This guy is a Class-A Modder, he's a lot of action and little talk. I also feel it is important that he listed the infractions he had received previously. It shows a willingness to accept his mistakes and emphasize the drastic change in behavior between then and now, since he could have just assumed the mods would know and the rest of us may or may not but wouldn't hold it against him. I have no reason to hold it against him at any rate, the 6 month statute is more than enough to expunge those offenses as history in my eyes. When I went to the E:TW Proposals to do an article on upcoming mods, I couldn't find many mods that had a ghost of a chance or deserved the publicity yet, but I recall remarking that one of the only early mods that had a chance at making it past conception was that of Master Zuma, and I still endorse that statement.

I will be voting Yes.

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

I was thinking of him earlier, but was wondering about his infraction history. I think he's had a great turnaround since his earlier run-ins with staff. He even didn't have a problem with removing content he didn't have permission to use unlike a current case that's going on? lol. I'll more than likely go with a yes though.

No.

Way too many recent warnings.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    I also feel it is important that he listed the infractions he had received previously. It shows a willingness to accept his mistakes and emphasize the drastic change in behavior between then and now, since he could have just assumed the mods would know and the rest of us may or may not but wouldn't hold it against him. I have no reason to hold it against him at any rate, the 6 month statute is more than enough to expunge those offenses as history in my eyes.
    I no longer have a vote, but I agree very strongly with what was said here. He started his paragraph with his past mistakes. Right out front with them. And 6 months is significant period. Staff holds warnings against people for 3 months, the CdeC sets a much higher bar, 6 months. He passed it.

This isn't to say they aren't something to consider in your vote. It isn't to say that they aren't a concern. But he came right out with them, faced them, and then continued on, both in the past 6 months and in his paragraph.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous View Post
    I no longer have a vote, but I agree very strongly with what was said here. He started his paragraph with his past mistakes. Right out front with them. And 6 months is significant period. Staff holds warnings against people for 3 months, the CdeC sets a much higher bar, 6 months. He passed it.

This isn't to say they aren't something to consider in your vote. It isn't to say that they aren't a concern. But he came right out with them, faced them, and then continued on, both in the past 6 months and in his paragraph.
    And I agree with you, sir. Fabolous for Curator! Wait a minute... :hmmm:

I'd also challenge Ponti's idea of 'recent'. 7 months ago I was not a Citizen, you were still a Junior, Ian was pretending he still owned the site, GED was just some guy who made good scripts/classes and had nothing to do with tech, the Consilium Plebis was still a hot topic, the AAR Competitions had just started rolling and there was no united sub-forum, and George Bush was probably on vacation somewhere. Now when asking what has happened recently in the AAR Competitions, I hardly think someone is bound to say they were founded recently. I'd not say if asked that you were only made a Strat recently.

I can understand behavior sentiments, but what is the point of having an infraction expire in 3 months(it can be changed, this is not a stone-set setting), or 6 months required to approach the CdeC, if those times are not used to greatly dampen the implications of the infraction? At the very least 6 months should be time enough for even the most stern of moderator with the most personal interaction with a candidate who committed the most severe of offenses to not outright refuse to look past them. The first two like B. said, he obviously made amends with by removing the ill-used work of his volition, which is almost as good as not having it there in the first place, only difference being the small distribution with it contained. The last three were all obtained on the same day within 30 minutes of each other. So he's essentially been naughty for 30 minutes out of ~530,000. I don't presume to know what they were for, nor do I seek to justify them, but the fact that it was a rare occurrence should be abundantly clear.

That's all really, we all have our own vote for a reason, just felt it needed to be emphasized for any who haven't decided.

Poll added.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    And I agree with you, sir. Fabolous for Curator! Wait a minute... :hmmm:

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Default Re: [Artifex] Master Zuma (Patron: Nakharar) (Closes 03/12)

I am a bad judge of modding candidates, so I'll take AL's word on his modding abilities. I am also strongly against 6 month old moderator interactions negatively affecting present candidates. The fact that he listed them, and admitted his past mistakes honors him. He's tried hard to improve on his attitude, the contributions are there, it would be incredibly unfair to reject him on something that happened so long ago.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

aja5191's Avatar TWC Bearcat

I have hope that he will involve himself more with the modding side after this, and not stray into the more "heated" sides of the forum. keeping him away from warnings and keeping him clean and mod-tastic.

For.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I would like to vote no so that I could patronize him myself as he is a good friend . Having worked with Zuma on several projects I must say that he is one of the busiest modders I know. He has had his troubles and when he has I have talked to him about them. He's got the message. I don't think you will have anymore trouble out of him in the feature.
    I would abstain because he is such a good friend but I do believe he is deserving for his contributions so YES from me.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

I do like people who can admit the wrong doings that they have done in the past and his modding contributions are above and beyond my requirments for Artifex vote yes.
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

Well I do come off as the grumpy old guy now, don't I?

Passes with 90% of the vote.