Thread: unit scaling mod; make empires playable on older pc’s/have more men on newer ones.

Default unit scaling mod; make empires playable on older pc’s/have more men on newer ones.

unit scaling mod; make empires playable on older pc’s/have more men on newer ones.

i don’t have the game yet but am wondering if this would be a good idea. from what i can tell the skins on empires will be the same resolution as mtw2 i.e. 1024 pixels, i think any good skinner will be able to make 512 skins that are as good or better than the vanilla empires ones [because we have time too].

this will make loading times shorter produce less lag and give more men on the battlefield, or can make the game playable on older pc’s.

sound like a good idea? :hmmm:

Jaguar6's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: unit scaling mod; make empires playable on older pc’s/have more men on newer ones.

Well I'm all for it, since I have an older computer

Default Re: unit scaling mod; make empires playable on older pc’s/have more men on newer ones.

me too at the moment, can’t afford a new one either. i just hope its moddable ~ sooner rather than later.

Yeah someone needs to make this mod. I'm intending to try and swap the texture files around to get the high res ones, but if for some reason my computer can't handle that I would welcome this mod.

in my opinion the high res ones make little difference, except when right up close to the units, even then you would need your monitor at very high res to notice that difference.

lets just hope they give us the necessary files.