So i've played Rome but missed out on medieval 2 so I finally got my new computer and have downloaded ETW on from steam and i'm amazed. But here's the catch...I suck. SO I have some questions pertaining to strategy on and off the campaign map. Also, I've been playing on M/M.
1. Which nation is noob friendly? I've experimented a bit with France but was overrun by Savoy after a failed expedition into Spain (yes...Savoy took Paris). I've had luck with Britian but the Cherokee are foiling my plots and have caused the 13 colonies to rebel after they took Carolina. I've had some success with Prussia. Also, i don't want to be split between two fronts. I want to be able to focus on one theater, like the British can do in the Americas.
2. What army compositions work well? Usually I get wtf pwned when out numbered. I also do not really know how to use a gunpowder army.
3. How do I defend my borders? I always have trouble as with France, I can have a bunch of small armies in forts but that doesn't do much when a big army comes and kills them because I can't support a bunch of full stacks.
4. Navy....I'm clueless. I usually keep several 4-6 unit navies around in my Britian campaign but they get owned by pirates and equally sized stacks.
5. And lastly, any Bunker hill strategies? I can never win it. But does it change anything in the campaign if you win or lose at Bunker Hill?