Thread: ottomans

murat can's Avatar Semisalis

Default ottomans

anyone playing as ottomans? i am having hard time playing as them as their units are just too weak, i get routed very fast fighting against georgians. its not me playing bad because i started as prussia and its going great so far. my men actually fight.. but with ottomans, after a volley, they usually rout. its ridiculous..

Default Re: ottomans

I will have to check this out tonight. I know that as the swedes my units hold strong for a long time. Any differences in difficulty levels? I am playing on norm.

Quote Originally Posted by civildude892 View Post
    I will have to check this out tonight. I know that as the swedes my units hold strong for a long time. Any differences in difficulty levels? I am playing on norm.
    played on hard, and i think its the early units, the later more advanced troops may be ok, but the units you get at the beginning is just waiting to be massacred, i cant even deal with georgians lol.

REQUIEM's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by murat can View Post
    played on hard, and i think its the early units, the later more advanced troops may be ok, but the units you get at the beginning is just waiting to be massacred, i cant even deal with georgians lol.
    I guess you could keep at peace early on and research technologys and build a stronger more developed army then unleash the dogs of war!

Tsar Brodsky's Avatar Libertus

Yeah, I feel your pain. I got gangbanged by Austria, Russia and Georgia (damn their mass cavalry armies) and Persia all at once.
    "It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." Voltaire

i think i got it this time, i started over and got as many trade agreements as possible ( alot ) and i get 11000 a turn. finished georgia and venice pretty fast, i guess i didnt have a clue the first time i played

Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by murat can View Post
    anyone playing as ottomans? i am having hard time playing as them as their units are just too weak, i get routed very fast fighting against georgians. its not me playing bad because i started as prussia and its going great so far. my men actually fight.. but with ottomans, after a volley, they usually rout. its ridiculous..
    It seems that Empire is quite historically accurate regarding Ottomans` starting position?
    TAOISM - **** happens.
    HARE KRISHNA - **** happens rama rama ding ding.
    HINDUISM - This **** happened before.
    ISLAM - If **** happens take a hostage.
    BUDDHISM - When **** happens, is it really ****?
    ADVENTIST - **** happens on Saturdays.
    PROTESTANTISM - **** won't happen if I work harder.
    CATHOLICISM - If **** happens, I deserve it.
    ORTHODOX - Happening of a **** was a conspiracy
    JUDAISM - Why does this **** always happen to ME?
    RASTAFARIANISM - Let's smoke this ****

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

i use alot of melee units as ottomas, i dont rely on guns too much and i always try ot have 1-2 artilerry guns and if affordable 2-3 cavalry.

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Quote Originally Posted by zligor View Post
    It seems that Empire is quite historically accurate regarding Ottomans` starting position?
    really? i never knew Georgians had line infantry like french and english and actually formed lines and fought each other "civilized" way.. it might be accurate for ottomans as they werent very advanced until selims reforms in mid-late 1700s.

again, in my second try. i am doing very well as ottomans have about 6 collages, almost destroyed russia. and have 50000 (gold?) biggest mistake i made on my last campaign was going to war against venice really soon, they raid and blockade your trade so your pretty much ed.