Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small things to be added in the first few patches

Default Small things to be added in the first few patches

-Ability to set any amount of money in custom battles

-More maps and ability to customize them like in the previous games. (like setting up a fort on any map, etc.)

-Ability to have 8 players on custom battles.

What do you guys want in the first patch?

Default Re: Small things to be added in the first few patches

- If, during a war, one of my enemies signs the peace and become my protectorate, my allies should be automatically at peace with my new little friend.

- Correct the "huge flag" bug, and the "Free Camera" that is selected even if I disable it.

"With such valorous troops, I could easily become King of Italy"
    Frederick II the Great, after the Piedmontese victory at the Battle of the Assietta (1747)

- faction specific units
    - faction specifc marching tunes
    - faction specific uniforms for generic units
    - era specific uniforms/skins

in the eyes of a historian/reenactment buff, the game is so generic right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewpur View Post
    -Ability to set any amount of money in custom battles

-More maps and ability to customize them like in the previous games. (like setting up a fort on any map, etc.)

-Ability to have 8 players on custom battles.

What do you guys want in the first patch?

- MUSIC during the campaign map (playing as Prussia, I hear almost none!)
    - Variations in faces, not just that one ugly fool with the chubby face!
    - Pathfinding fix for chasing routing units (the problem is worse than RTW/MTWII in terms of routed stragglers leading chasers astray), and pathfinding in general
    - Maybe some stronger campaign map sounds
    - Sound fix for improperly placed battle SFX
    - My AMD 64X2 6000+, 3.01 ghz, 4gb system can't play any of the campaign map cinematics (rake, agent, etc.) without stuttering and getting choppy.... wtf!
    - I don't know about everyone else, but I liked verbal confirmation of orders given and diplo exchanges... the sound seems threadbare.
    - Cavalry slowly sliding and gliding around the battlefield with outstretched arms.

I'm giving the developers the benefit of the doubt on these flaws and do hope patches soon resolve these errors! It took awhile for the community and CA to perfect MTWII, and I see enormous potential in this excellent game.

How about they fix the crashing issues first
    Know where you're going in life . . . you may already be there!

- spread formations for infantry in squirmish and natives (like in RTW and MTW) -> think it's easy
    - possibility to use support army in battlefield (not directing them, just AI) -> mandatory to model any napoleon area battle and for playing tactics on campaign map). -> think it's hard, surely locked for the extension
    - better control on fleets in battles AND please, some independance (like : "attack this formation" and AI does...) -> maybe hard
    - musicians (fifres, drums etc... very colored) -> easy
    - slower pace on the battlefiels : it goes too fast to really use manoeuvers -> easy

No crashes for me, not one, so it's not something I can ask

Frederick II the Great, after the Piedmontese victory at the Battle of the Assietta (1747)

Quote Originally Posted by Digbert View Post
    How about they fix the crashing issues first
    And the unit sliding needs to go, ASAP.
    Last edited by Visitor13; March 05, 2009 at 03:03 AM.
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Visitor13 came to TWC for the wafers

Beggar's Avatar Decanus

Pathfinding issues in siege battles, and then of course other bug that have been mentioned. But sieges are the worst at the moment for me.

Of course the optimization, bug-fixing and new maps/historical battles comes first.

But here's my personal wishlist...mostly engine limitations that are beyond modders and only CA can fix:

-Kingdoms controllable AI reinforcements.
    -Fix the protectorates so they can only ally with you. Damn frustrating when they ally someone you want to fight...
    -Let us give units to other factions: represent hiring foreign troops/mercs
    -maybe give us a few famous march songs to go with all the trumpets/pipes/drums?

-Stop the AI general from standing in front of artillery
    -Fix the pathfinding issue
    -Improve the siege battle AI
    -Make it possible to use thin formation with increased number of men per unit

Quote Originally Posted by pino69 View Post
    - spread formations for infantry in squirmish and natives (like in RTW and MTW)

Thats already in - Light infantry drills (proper skirmish order) is a researchable tech

- Perpendicular deployment. I'd like them to stop arty and occasionally infantry deploying perpendicular to my line. It's bad with infantry but after the first volley they usually right themselves. With Arty it takes all but the first canon out of the game as they're aimed right up each other’s asses.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-CTD and stuttering issues in the Campaign map are a must. I'm getting over 100 fps ffs and it's jerking about like I’m getting >10. In the RTI campaign the map stutters and flickers. It’s almost like a second map is trying to overlay itself on top of the RTI one.

-Sound issues. Occasionally the marching troop’s sound mangles and with what sounds like an electrical distortion from some cheap eastern euro dance group.

-Pikes My pikemen don't seem to use their pikes or brace for impact and they can't deploy on the walls of my fort.

-Pathfinding and deployment issues in forts. When I try and drag a formation along the wall they default to facing sideways and the formation contorts horribly. Even when they go into that formation they'll usually glitch about and not stay put and defend. Getting them to man the guns is a nightmare. Once on the walls (attacking or defending) the soldiers run amok. Single soldiers run about climbing and descending ropes and even relatively cohesive units seem to be unable to decide on the best way to reach a destination. Worst is the AI seems to suffer from these same problems but doesn’t have the awareness to sort it out in the same way the player does. It makes Fort battles a complete mess. Success neither relies on brute force or tactical nous but on micromanaging ability to overcome the games glitches and peccadilloes.

-Pathfinding and Deployment generally. Units don't seem to detect that they can cross a bridge. If I click on the other side of it, even when they're at the foot of it, they will head to a ford 1000yds distant. Difficulty deploying near the edge of a hill or cliff. It's an absolute nightmare getting my troops in a position where they can fire at the enemy. Too often they aren't allowed close enough to the edge to let them to shoot at the troops below. This usually means they fire ineffectually into the turf. Once again this afflicts the AI too and since they don't seem to be able to know when they're wasting their lead it can seriously gimp them.

-Wandering musicians. When i'm moving forward and stop my unit by telling them to fire on the enemy (not by dragging a formation out, allowing them to reach their destination or hitting halt) everyone stops bar the musician. He continues on, separate from the unit.

-option to alt/ctrl melee attack
    -same option for keeping unit facing/formations as you move
    -sound fx when game is speeded up
    -smaller flags and easier way to spot who you are commanding when highlight is off
    -fix lag on map when scrolling with the mouse
    -option to only see AI moves that are in los
    Last edited by tarloch; March 05, 2009 at 05:36 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

in the eyes of a historian/reenactment buff, the game is so generic right now.
    Maybe that's because the majority of the player base simply don't care?

I would like to see the return of the diplomatic popup window that informs you of nations going to war and signing peace treaties.

Multiple unit drag formation could also use some work.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggie5 View Post
    I would like to see the return of the diplomatic popup window that informs you of nations going to war and signing peace treaties..
    uh? I receive info when other nations go to war in the same old way.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Moved to technical help.

ability to point out things with an arrow during battle to your multiplayer friends. Like Attack there, def here. or just a neutral arrow and then you tell what to do.

Fix the animation bug where unit will slide across terrain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast