Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the visually impaired (Need help)

Default For the visually impaired (Need help)

Could one of you kind modder types please help me figure out a way to increase the text/font size presented in the game. It seems much smaller than previous TW games, and being visually impaired.. not even my reading equipment helps enough.

So, can anyone please help?

Default Re: For the visually impaired (Need help)

yeah! i find text a tad small, I have to strain which takes away the enjoyment! especially with a more complex game!

Come on CA

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

I didn't want to seem like a jerk and bump this myself, but it's very important.

Yeah, I'm visually impaired too, I can only see out of my left eye properly, but have limited, or no peripheral vision. Right one, I can barely see anything (and what I can see, i can only see when i close my left eye), and without my glasses, I can't read text on screen or paper if my head is more that 22 inches away, and I can't see objects clearly if they're more than the length of my upper arm away, and trying to read without my glasses hurts my eyes anyway. With my glasses though, i'm perfectly fine.

True, my visual impairment is different from the OP's, I, for instance, prefer small text, i find easier to read than large text (larger text takes longer for me to read), but for those that can't read small print easily, bieng visually impaired myself, I can see where they're coming from, and I'm suprised CA didn't include an option to make the font bigger. Can't be that difficult to implement surely.
    Last edited by Captian Barbossa; March 05, 2009 at 01:34 PM.
    My named ships in Empire Total War: (that i can remember)

Fifth Rate, HMS Poseidon.

Fifth Rate, HMS Dauntless.

Fifth Rate, HMS Enterprise NCC-1701

Fifth Rate, HMS Simi.

------
    "Ya best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're IN one!"

I'm not visually impaired , but this is a problem that I have been facing too . At first I thought it was my screen but then I noticed its the game and it is very annoying since i have to get close to the screen to really understand it . I really hope there is a way to fix this .

I didn't know I was visually impaired (when I have my glasses on) but the text is small enough to hurt. It's probably a common issue among people with widescreen LCD's... a lot of them only look sharp at 1680x1050 (native resolution) and quite blurry at 1440x900. So it's a choice between tiny or blurry. Lovely!

Just an idea, but doesnt the font stay the same when you change resolutions ? (making it bigger)

Quote Originally Posted by ewq123 View Post
    Just an idea, but doesnt the font stay the same when you change resolutions ? (making it bigger)

I tried adjusting my resolution but the effect is almost unnoticible.

I haven't tried increasing the resolution, so I couldn't say. But I agree that the font is incredible small.
    On a different note, my advisors KEEP popping out their advice, which I do NOT want. Even though I have my preferences on NO advice

Anyone else that has this?

Let me join the club. I'd like bigger text aswell, my vision is crap.

I suppose that once our mod division 'cracks' the game (not in THAT way) changing the text to a bigger size would be quit simple I would think

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdark View Post
    I suppose that once our mod division 'cracks' the game (not in THAT way) changing the text to a bigger size would be quit simple I would think
    I hope so. :hmmm:

Im not visually impared but the text is fricking tiny on the screen. So stupid, even more so when the quotes on loading are 5 lines long.

The Fonts are located in Local_En.Pack

How do you open and edit .pack files?

Scroll down a few threads, there are two unpackers made by some really smart programming guys.

Sorry if this seems daft, but how exactly would I go about making the font bigger Phan? I've never had to do this sort of thing.

It's not daft. I dunno. I'm just pointing you in the direction of the files. Seriously I havn't found one single thing in this game that is modable!

There is hope though, of a sort, They DID include the Directx9 .fx files they used in the models, they're in the fx folder in the Main.pack, I've just installed them into 3ds Max.

They're NOT encoded OR encrypted. They can be edited/created from scratch in Notepad. And on that note, I'm going to try and write a maxscript to try and import one of the models.

I'm thinking of experimenting with the Skybox model, since it seems to be the simplest one.

And on the fonts thing, I don't know if we can edit those, since they're not standard windows font files (Truetype .TTF and OpenType .OTF).
    Last edited by Captian Barbossa; March 07, 2009 at 09:56 AM.
    My named ships in Empire Total War: (that i can remember)

Fifth Rate, HMS Poseidon.

Fifth Rate, HMS Dauntless.

Fifth Rate, HMS Enterprise NCC-1701

Fifth Rate, HMS Simi.

------
    "Ya best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're IN one!"

My hopes were up.. but now I'm not sure the text size can be enlarged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast