Thread: No text?

Default No text?

I have a rather frustrating problem. After my game takes 5 minutes to start, I can't watch the intro video. I can but it goes at at like 1/16 speed so i skip it. Then once i get to the main menu none of the bars to click have text. wtf? I can click them and through some random clicking i was able to open the Jamestown campaign. The graphics are pretty weak and look like shogun, but i can deal with that especially if i could set the graphics to a lower quality in options to improve game speed. However in the opening battle no text is displayed, the bottom block that shows the map and your forces is visible but no text at all pertaining to them or anything else on the map is. I exited the battle and I could see the campaign map, however again no text is displayed so i cant really do anything.

I bought the hard copy if it matters. Any help appreciated.

Edit: My specs are good enough, however Im not sure about the graphics card. I installed and played battlefield 2 yesterday with no problems so im guessing the graphics card is good enough.

Default Re: No text?

Moving to Tech Help.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

KingDave's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Gadz1313 View Post
    I have a rather frustrating problem. After my game takes 5 minutes to start, I can't watch the intro video. I can but it goes at at like 1/16 speed so i skip it. Then once i get to the main menu none of the bars to click have text. wtf? I can click them and through some random clicking i was able to open the Jamestown campaign. The graphics are pretty weak and look like shogun, but i can deal with that especially if i could set the graphics to a lower quality in options to improve game speed. However in the opening battle no text is displayed, the bottom block that shows the map and your forces is visible but no text at all pertaining to them or anything else on the map is. I exited the battle and I could see the campaign map, however again no text is displayed so i cant really do anything.

I bought the hard copy if it matters. Any help appreciated.

Edit: My specs are good enough, however Im not sure about the graphics card. I installed and played battlefield 2 yesterday with no problems so im guessing the graphics card is good enough.
    Simple fix. I had the same problem. You need to update the drivers for your video card (or lack there of, which is the real major problem). Just go to the Intel website and find the latest drivers you need. Install. Restart. Play ETW with the text!

Cheers,
    The King.
    Signature.

i love you. this better work!

Ondaderthad's Avatar Tiro

I had the same problem with the demo and new driver solved it.

Note that the CA devs said the very latest NVIDIA drivers may not be fully compatible. That's the version released 2 days ago. They didn't have time to test them yet.

I use the Nidia 182.06 and it works fine.

Its working now thankfully, i got pretty scared for awhile. Games pretty choppy tho guess ill fool around with settings a little to make it more efficient.

i have the same problem, look at my thread, WHATS WRONG?

i need a new comp

I can never find the time to finish my AARs, damn you life getting in the way all the time.