Thread: Patch stuck at 100% and downloading

Default Patch stuck at 100% and downloading

I'm currently downloading the patch from steam and despite reaching 100% it continues to download. I've waited a good thirty minutes but it doesn't stop. I've restarted steam and the patch several times but it once it reaches 100% it stays there downloading.

Has anyone found a fix to this problem?

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Default Re: Patch stuck at 100% and downloading

Quote Originally Posted by theblitz View Post
    I'm currently downloading the patch from steam and despite reaching 100% it continues to download. I've waited a good thirty minutes but it doesn't stop. I've restarted steam and the patch several times but it once it reaches 100% it stays there downloading.

Has anyone found a fix to this problem?
    rigth click etw>properties>local files>verify cache.

thats normal.. its nearly 500 mb, so check the monitor... the percentage isnt shown correct. i finished it ones, but then the exe crushes ... and do not verify the cash, at least in my position it starts downloading again.so damn boring...

Quote Originally Posted by ForlornHope. View Post
    rigth click etw>properties>local files>verify cache.
    Yes, I've done this several times and it simply restarts the updating process, which, upon reaching 100%, continues to download.

Does no one have a solution to this? I've downloaded the update now a good five times and it does nothing.

Properties - updates - "do not automaticly update this game". Works for me, but I guess it's not ideal. Dont know if the patch is installed then.. ? But you'll be able to play.

EDIT: When I turn it back to "Always keep this game up to date" it does not start dowloading again, so I guess it's a bug that it appears to be downloading even though it says 100%
    Last edited by Sollidus; March 04, 2009 at 11:49 PM.

Simply go to "File" ..."Change User" and log back onto steam...that should fix it