Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rome

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Default Rome

I am not a very good modder in any way, so I will merely present an idea, and in one word. Rome. Astounding things could be done with the new engine to make a truly epic classical experience, if only there were modders out there wo agreed. If anyone thinks that an ancient mod is a good idea, post it here.

Default Re: Rome

i dont think the engine is good for a roman mod. from what i've seen, they fight in 18th century style with swords, it would be pretty funny if romans fought like that

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Moved to wips and proposals.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Mediteran View Post
    i dont think the engine is good for a roman mod. from what i've seen, they fight in 18th century style with swords, it would be pretty funny if romans fought like that
    :hmmm:

So make new animations?

Quote Originally Posted by Mediteran View Post
    They don't have to fight with guns! I dream of a Rome in there you can change the regime into a republic or dictatorship...

I would offer my service for such a mod - but first lets wait until CA release the tools
    In Soviet Russia, Party always finds u!

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mong View Post
    :hmmm:

So make new animations?
    Sure, make new animations, model new ships, spend 5-6 years modding this game, while CA releases another game in 4 years, and whole new expansion in 2. I'm guessing you haven't done any modding?

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Actually, no serious modding is needed to be done. I mean, you dont want to sit 5-6 years modding (though i doubt its taking that long) So you just import units from RTW and so on, new ships new buildings and a little reforms to the system. Tada, you've accomplished this in 1-3 years ...
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Kabir View Post
    They don't have to fight with guns! I dream of a Rome in there you can change the regime into a republic or dictatorship...

I would offer my service for such a mod - but first lets wait until CA release the tools
    not with guns. but did you see how the soldiers fight with swords? its not ancient styled, its 18th century melee

New ones can be made, but dont think its easy, ask SigniferOne ...
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by jakobh94 View Post
    Actually, no serious modding is needed to be done. I mean, you dont want to sit 5-6 years modding (though i doubt its taking that long) So you just import units from RTW and so on, new ships new buildings and a little reforms to the system. Tada, you've accomplished this in 1-3 years ...
    "Tada!"

Have you actually ever done any modding?

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

i have just for mens gel on standby.

i am thinking about making a sparta mod for this, but i am waiting for the game to come [only ordered last night] , so i don’t know if it will be easy to make some units act right, it all depends on just how modabble this game will eventually be.

i would suggest that if others are thinking similar [anything ancient] then pool recourses!!!!!!!!!!!! it makes no sense to make loads of mods when it is likely that CA will make a rome2 after the expansion to this [my guess anyway].

i also think shogun2 may work better with this?

also thinking of rescaling the whole game so we can have huge amounts of men on the battlefield.

...though i doubt if it will be very moddable for a while [patch1 at least] ~ because of special forces.

No Roman mod was made for MTW 2,so dont wait any mod for this game.

most of us hated mtw2 especially for modding, so it all depends on how good empires will be to mod ~ and who gets working on it!

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    "Tada!"

Have you actually ever done any modding?
    WAIT! If you look at it this way, you have spectacular results, roman generals doing some fancy fencing animations, spearmen hadnling there spears like guns down to the marching, then the shields, then theres the Cavalry Auxilia dismounting! oh and watch the romans throw there pila via platoon fire. Oh and have any of you guys EVER modded a ship?

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

I would like this idea to become realized as i love the roman era but i am afraid it will take years of development and a lot of work to get all of this done. It would be a gigantic task.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

ooh, trireme battles would be awesome, i wonder what the models are like or if we can even mod them. if we can get at them then it will be possible.

it will only happen if a big team does it and everyone shares recourses. i expect there are plenty of anims for units already in there. the main thing is the unlimited unit sizes, imagine the awesome battles with celts VS romans etc, this has been a holy grail for many of us, so i expect this game to attract more modders than mtw2.

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by metenojo View Post
    No Roman mod was made for MTW 2,so dont wait any mod for this game.
    Argh, that's frustrating to see!

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Don't worry Sig, ignorance about us modders is at a premium round here.

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

EB 2 was being worked on for M2TW, but it is still far from being done. Maybe we could get them to switch right now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast