Thread: Game Playing Up - runs too slow.

Default Game Playing Up - runs too slow.

hey, i have all of the graphical settings down to the lowest in the menu, but the game is just struggling to play, it seems the framerate is 1 every 2 - 3 seconds in the menus alone, into a battle its unbearably slow.

now im not good with computers, but its getting on my nerves, any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Game Playing Up - runs too slow.

what are your specs

Processor: Intel (R) Pentium (R) D CPU 2.80GHz 2.79GHz
    Memory (RAM): 1023MB

Miles

What graphics card are you using?

im not sure, how do you check?
    i just installed the latest driver from nvidia but still its painfully slow. the graphics themselves are ok, its just hte slowness of the game.

bump, can anyone help with this? for instance, on the menu if i point my curser over a tab, it takes about half a second to a second before it lights up, and when im on a campaign map/battle its just too slow to playis it something to do with my system? because i installed it on a different newer computer and it does the same thing, i doubt its the disk though. thanks, Jthomson1

You don't have a very high spec CPU/memory and you haven't mentioned what graphics card you have (in Windows XP you can right-click on the desktop and get to the Nvidia control panel via Properties...). You might also want to check what other processes are running using Task Manager and ensure they don't start if you don't need them using msconfig or something. Most programs think they are so important they have to be started when Windows does and it's a fulltime job stopping cruft from piling up...

Indefinitely Banned
    Sundaleiði in Risør kommune, NORWAY (Home of giants)

I think you need an upgrade. 1 gigs of RAM more and maybe a Geforce 9600. Shouldnt be that expencive

Hellmut34's Avatar Miles

Judging by the spec you have given us i expect either an onboard solution or something in the 6600 range in that setup.

Like Sigurd said just to get the game going on low/med
    Last edited by Hellmut34; March 05, 2009 at 05:44 AM.

A little maiming never hurt anybody

ok thanks for the help guys.