Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uniforms and reloading time - is it correct?

Default Uniforms and reloading time - is it correct?

I was looking on units uniforms and wandering are they historical correct. Because ETW russian uniform from Great Northern War is not correct.

Also I am wandering about musket and cannons reloading time. it is to fast?
    FUR KAISER UND VATERLAND!!!

Tazgrent's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Uniforms and reloading time - is it correct?

Well, if it was too slow, the game wouldn't be very fun, now would it?

I hope there will be a realizm mod. Look at cannon reloading. They are putting only solid iron ball, buy no gunpowder bag!!!

Hame is GREAT! AT LAST I CAN PLAY AT 18 Century game, not the Napoleonic 19 century (I love napoleon era, but for me 18 century is best. Look at these triangle hats! And redcoats uniforms )

me personally think the musket reloading times should be faster and the cannon reloads slower to balance it a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by franek620 View Post
    me personally think the musket reloading times should be faster and the cannon reloads slower to balance it a bit more
    Historically they were generally the same. A good gun crew could fire 2-3 rounds a min, whereas a good soldier could fire 3-4 rounds per min. (more like 2:3 respectively but there were some crack crews/soldiers) Morters and howitzers tended to fire slightly slower (more calculation and such I presume)

The thing I dont like is how they dont clean the cannon's barrel after each round, and yes no powder either. Just a ball and 25 jabs.....
    Last edited by {***}Gen.ALW{***}; March 04, 2009 at 04:39 PM.

All Musketeers reloads like they are MEGA PROFESSIONALS and dont scare anything. In real lifi battle ordinary musketeer cant reload so fast.

Can someone post a screen of Russian Line Infantryman?
    Last edited by jimkatalanos; March 04, 2009 at 04:41 PM.

Xugaa's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Fjodin View Post
    Can someone post a screen of Russian Line Infantryman?
    http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=russia.jpg
    Last edited by Xugaa; March 04, 2009 at 05:17 PM.
    Unleash the whirlwind of our wrath. Our guns never tire.
    And we have beaten back the foe. Send them running!

Tnanx, mercy and spasibo to Xugaa!

And now this is Xugaa scree on russians in 1700

This is real life Russians in 1700. Line Infantry

Grenadiers

Last edited by Fjodin; March 04, 2009 at 07:08 PM.

Ebusitanus's Avatar Senator

Welcome to my Spanish nightmare
    Read a napoleonic first hand account of a Hessian serving under the french flag

Athenians: For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretenses - either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed;.......... since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Part of the Melian Dialogue in The History of the Pelopenessian War by Thucydides.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

It's not only the uniform colors (Prussian Jägers are blue ). Where are the favorite Prussian dragoons and hussars?

Ahhh, the whole Prussian and other factions armies are clones of the english and the english are complete wrong. 98% fantasy and 2% luck in the choice of color.

I have all Cossacks games, American conquest 1+2, Age of Empire 1+2 and the Total War games, but this units are the most bad I ever saw in a game I bought.

CA said, they concentrate on handful factions for better feeling in the game, but made only 3 faction. 1 european, 1 ottoman and 1 indian.

I can't understand it. With this engine to made this units.

They concentrate all the 4 years on seabattles, which looking for me awesome, but the war can only be won by landbattles.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Well it's not newz, every screenshot showed us the units.

The french are in white and light blue ? Yeah cool, they still don't look at all like french soldiers. (But english soldiers with strange colors).

I hope people will be able to mod the majors factions quickly, and not just a reskin, but a full 3 period model for most units (early, middle, late) adapted to northern and southern europe uniforms and all.

General A. Skywalker's Avatar Primicerius
    currently Coruscant, but born on Tatooine

Well, I totally agree there should be variation between the nations concerning uniforms and also uniforms from 1700 should look different then uniforms from 1750! For me the lack of this negatively affects the atmosphere of the game.

But I wouldn't say CA did it all wrong. They decided on a general look which fits every nation more or less. Most people don't know the differences anyway.

That doesn't mean I'm pleased with it. I'm with you, I demand historical uniforms, as historical as possible! I guess there will be realism-mods for Empire fixing this problem. I hope there'll be a mod including automatic uniform reforms, changing every uniform in steps like in 1730 and 1780. That way we would get 3 different uniform-eras.

Tazgrent's Avatar Ducenarius

Guys, I think we can forgive CA for not having the uniform EXACTLY historical in due to an amazing game.

The odd thing I noticed is how, per example, France starts out with an historically correct white bourbon uniform. As time goes by and you research new and better units these start showing up in republican blue. White was France´s color up until the King got overthrown and then blue became the all to known french trademark. As it is now, you can still have a Monarchy at the end of the game and have blue uniformed troops (More Napoleonic like) or have a Republic and your Tricolor but at the same time only being able to raise white uniformed line regiments.

I take is that our Modders will have PLENTY to do in the next months.

Athenians: For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretenses - either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed;.......... since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Part of the Melian Dialogue in The History of the Pelopenessian War by Thucydides.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebusitanus View Post
    The odd thing I noticed is how, per example, France starts out with an historically correct white bourbon uniform. As time goes by and you research new and better units these start showing up in republican blue.
    But the musketeers remain white, don't they? And they're the all time standard unit. Besides, some French Royal regiments were blue. But it was a light blue, not the dark Republican blue.

Yes, thats the whole point. You will use white colored troops no matter what your goverment is. Its a half way between making happy those who wanted white uniformed France at the start of the game and those who want a more "classic" french in blue a la Napoleon.
    I do hope our excellent modders, with enough time, will be able to flesh out both groups decently besides doing the same for the rest of nations (Spain in yellow anyone?)

Game is great, but lack of correctness in uniforms. I've been waiting for early 18 century game for ages and Empire TW is AMAZING! But Why the game developers cant make a histyorical research????!!!!!

2 Ebusitanus - can you post a screens of Spanish units and real life uniform to compare?

And can anyone post Pussian Musketeers screen? (Sorry, but I havent received my copy of game yet)

musketeers reloading time is right ie they do 3rounds a minute

Quote Originally Posted by Fjodin View Post
    And can anyone post Pussian Musketeers screen? (Sorry, but I havent received my copy of game yet)
    They look very good, I think. Their uniforms are dark Prussian blue, which is correct.

prussian trousers should be white, and they are blue in ETW. Russian socks should be white, and they are red in ETW. At least ETW Russians are more historicaly than ETW Spanish.

We need a uniform patch... A

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast