Thread: Can anyone please help me with ETW troubleshooting!?

Icon4 Can anyone please help me with ETW troubleshooting!?

The HUD is fine but as you can see the actual game play graphics look psychedelic and those colors just flash all over the place. Does ANYONE know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

PC specs:

Intel dual 3.2 GHZ
    P5Q Deluxe mobo
    4 gigs of DDR2
    ATI 4850HD
    On-board sound
    Vista 32bit home
    * ALL DRIVERS ARE UP TO DATE

--
    Had to use camera since I have no idea how to take a SS and where it is stored.

Semisalis

Default Re: Can anyone please help me with ETW troubleshooting!?

Oh wow. Couple things. Check the temperature of your video card. Also, try lowering the graphic settings and see what happens. I'm afraid I can't offer much more than that for an ATI card.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnSling View Post
    Oh wow. Couple things. Check the temperature of your video card. Also, try lowering the graphic settings and see what happens. I'm afraid I can't offer much more than that for an ATI card.
    settings are all on low and I have tried different drivers

Semisalis

Have you tried restarting your machine? If so, have you tried shutting it down, letting it sit for a while (.5 - 2 hours), and then starting up?

Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnSling View Post
    Have you tried restarting your machine? If so, have you tried shutting it down, letting it sit for a while (.5 - 2 hours), and then starting up?
    Its not the temp. It is running very cool.

Juggernawt's Avatar Semisalis

What exactly do you consider very cool? The 48xx series runs very hot usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernawt View Post
    What exactly do you consider very cool? The 48xx series runs very hot usually.
    I have made a profile to run the fan at faster speeds. It used to overheat on all my games when I bought it. This is the only game it does it to. And it does it immediately. I have NEVER seen the game yet.

Semisalis

Considering your settings and knowledge, I would have to agree then. Artifacts like this are gnerally caused by bad drivers or overheating, so I'm not sure what to do now. I suppose you could try reverting to some older drivers, but that seemed like it was a solution for nVidia cards only.

FIXED IT!!!!!!!

For those with ATI's and similar problems try this....

OK. Here is how I solved it. Use the latest 9.2 drivers and right click on your desktop and go to the catalyst control center. Once there, you will see a tab at the top called "preferences". Click on it and the last option it will give you is "restore factory defaults". Click on that then click "apply".

If that does not solve it, then try going to the 3D menu in the control center and turn OFF catalyst A.I. . I did not have to do that tho.

Worked for me.