Thread: Campaign BSOD

Nordmann's Avatar Senator

Default Campaign BSOD

Hi,

Well, yet another problem to add to the seemingly huge list, I'm getting some pretty serious lock-ups and BSOD crashes while trying to play the campaign.

Spec as follows:

Intel Core2 Quad 9450 2.4GHz
    4GB DDR3 RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 9800GX2 SLI
    Vista 64-bit

I'm running the latest Nvidia 182.06 drivers, and I've tried lowering my settings, which I really shouldn't have to, but the result is the same. Crashes are random, sometimes they occur on entering campaign, sometimes after a few minutes, others when I'm trying to save or clicking on a settlement. Some crashes are complete lock-ups, which require manual restart, others are instant BSOD. This is definitely not a good sign, and all in all my game appears to be completely broken. As it stands, I have yet to play more than 5 or so minutes.

Does anyone have info on this problem?

Thanks,

Nordmann

Semisalis

Default Re: Campaign BSOD

Try running out of SLI mode and revert your drivers to the previous version (before March 3rd).
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

I was running non-SLI when crashes first appeared, I'll try rolling drivers back and see if that makes any difference. I can't help but wonder why this game has so many serious issues on release, do they even employ a QA team?

Edit: Just checked their site, pre-March 3rd are 182.06, which is what I have.
    Last edited by Nordmann; March 04, 2009 at 02:59 PM.

Semisalis

Heh, no idea. I'm really hoping next week's patch will clear a LOT of this up.

Next week? That's no good to me and possibly hundreds, if not thousands of others who can't even run the damned game. I really hope CA gets their act together, these sort of screw-ups do nothing for their reputation. Leaving customers unable to use the product they paid good money for is unacceptable.