Thread: Installing with disks

Default Installing with disks

When does this occur? I clicked install on the autoplay and it did something about preparing installation, then went to the steam update.
    But I have had no such disk installation I don't believe?

Default Re: Installing with disks

I have the same problem.

Put the disks in, steam opens, nothing happens.

same, im downloading at 50 kb/s and is predicted to install for 2 days and 5 hours, i hate this, they should issue an apology and some hobnobs or something.

For me I opened steam and entered my code to activate it on my games list and then put disc 1 into the drive, a window then popped up that gave me the option to "play" "reinstall" and "uninstall" despite the fact it was the first time I put the game in. I hit reinstall which then after a few seconds of loading started installing the game from the disc for me. In the main steam window it says "installing" next to Empire while I also have another window that shows the status bars and "installing from disk" on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozened View Post
    For me I opened steam and entered my code to activate it on my games list and then put disc 1 into the drive, a window then popped up that gave me the option to "play" "reinstall" and "uninstall" despite the fact it was the first time I put the game in. I hit reinstall which then after a few seconds of loading started installing the game from the disc for me. In the main steam window it says "installing" next to Empire while I also have another window that shows the status bars and "installing from disk" on it.
    I never got that window.

I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my disk or my DVD-reader...

I wonder what will happen if there is something wrong with the disc, because that will be hard to return, since I've already activated my key.

Before the disc started to load up, steam was going to download the game itself for me. But once it read the disc it stopped downloading and the new window came up showing me the status bars/time left/how much has been installed. Not sure why yours didn't come up.

Wartotalworldguy's Avatar Ordinarius

i have the same problem.I just bougth the game with the disk and after i cliked to install and update occured.Im waiting so the download finishes

Semisalis