Thread: Jade Empire

Just want to know if anyone's played this yet? And what their opinions are?

For those unfamiliar, Jade Empire is an original Bioware RPG by the same team that made KoToR. It has the same kind of engine and interface that KoToR had, set in a mythological ancient China.

It's only on Xbox right now, but will be coming to PC later this year. Not sure about the date, but this is definitely one of my most anticipated games of the year.
    All the world is but a stage,
    and though all in it merely players,
    they play with such a violent rage,
    as to send it running red with portent.

sign here please: Orolinwe

YES! can't wait for the PC version been following the game for a while.

I can imagine the controls for the PC version will suck. Its more like a fighting game like Mortal Kombat the way its played.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Got gamepad?
    All the world is but a stage,
    and though all in it merely players,
    they play with such a violent rage,
    as to send it running red with portent.

sign here please: Orolinwe

Civitate

Heh, well, I just finished JE today, exactly a week after I got it ^_^;; It's way too short (my end game time was about 23 hours and 15 minutes), but for this last week it's been totally owning my life. I was a little apprehensive about the new combat system, but it's actually a ton of fun, AND makes me feel like a total badass ^_^ It's also absolutely beautiful, which was kind of a shock since KOTOR, while a great game, was kinda on the ugly side. Plus, the plot's not bad, either (although a wee bit on the predictable side), and I really cared about what I was doing and who I was travelling with. And while it probably won't matter to most of you, I was very pleased to discover that the male love interest wasn't whiny this time around. I was ready to slap Carth by the end of KOTOR ^_^;;

Seriously, though, Jade Empire's great. Go play it. Now.
    ~amor vincet omnia~

Originally posted by Lady_Dragoon@Apr 22 2005, 12:08 AM
    Heh, well, I just finished JE today, exactly a week after I got it ^_^;; It's way too short (my end game time was about 23 hours and 15 minutes), but for this last week it's been totally owning my life. I was a little apprehensive about the new combat system, but it's actually a ton of fun, AND makes me feel like a total badass ^_^ It's also absolutely beautiful, which was kind of a shock since KOTOR, while a great game, was kinda on the ugly side. Plus, the plot's not bad, either (although a wee bit on the predictable side), and I really cared about what I was doing and who I was travelling with. And while it probably won't matter to most of you, I was very pleased to discover that the male love interest wasn't whiny this time around. I was ready to slap Carth by the end of KOTOR ^_^;;

Seriously, though, Jade Empire's great. Go play it. Now.
    ugg, you make it so tempting :'( I have to wait for PC version.

smack's Avatar Complaints Department

Nice mini-review Lady_Dragoon. I saw a 'making of' Jade Empire late at night on TV. I was impressed, and I'm no huge fan of the simple beat-em-up RPG. I think I'll be looking at it in the fall.

In patronicum svb: Spartan
    Patronum celcum quo: teecee, Old Celt, SigniferOne
    If you dare: My Journal or If you care: The Price Tag

Waiting for this to come out for the PC as well, cant wait.. :grin I'm assuming it will eventually, KOTOR did anyway, and that game friggin' rocked.

"And I have felt the sudden blow of a nameless wind's cold breath,
    And watched the grisly pilgrims go that walk the roads of Death,
    And I have seen black valleys gape, abysses in the gloom,
    And I have fought the deathless Ape that guards the Doors of Doom."
    -Robert E. Howard "Recompense"

Default Re: Jade Empire

I liked Jade Empire

And yes - I am sick necrophile

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Jade Empire

You didn't wait for the inaugural 3 year revival , and yeah it is an interesting game for sure.