Thread: Can't play on high?! BS!

Default Can't play on high?! BS!

I need help on running this game. Now on the Demo the high settings were enabled and game ran just fine. Now on the full game I'm geting that crap that I can't go over medium. Has anyone found a fix for unlocking the graphics yet?

My Specs are
    Vista 64-bit
    Duel Core AMD 6000+
    8GB Ram
    GF 8600 GTS OCed.

I'm playing on medium and full everything that it lets me and game runs so smooth but they people look ugly running around and stuff. I KNOW I can run on high if not ultra.

upsettingshorts's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Can't play on high?! BS!

I have a 8800 GTS. Relatively similar processor (Core2Duo 3.0mhz). Less ram (4GB).

I run on medium-high (select high, turn off AA and AF, shadows to medium) pretty good. The campaign map is a bit sluggish (I wish we had a campaign shadows toggle) but I think you're getting what you should expect. Our video cards are two generations behind the cutting edge and aren't even the best examples of their class either. Oh, and turn grass off.
    Last edited by upsettingshorts; March 04, 2009 at 01:46 PM.

Not sure, i run Vista 32, 4 gigs ram, Athlon X2 4400+, and a 7900GTX and was limited to High performance wise.

The 8600GTS is actually slower performance wise than the 7900GTX so if i barely made High then Medium sounds about right for you.

I upgraded the vid card to play Ultra Settings, worth every penny, maybe look at upgrade options?

Quote Originally Posted by HeeRoMaKi View Post
    Has anyone found a fix for unlocking the graphics yet?
    There isn't a trick to it. Just make sure that shader model 3 is selected as the render method. It is the first drop down I think under graphics options.

BTW there is already a massive thread about this...
    Last edited by Tharros; March 04, 2009 at 02:15 PM.

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Pish posh! at least you guys can play the damn game!

j/k

Seriously though, I'd be annoyed too if I wasn't getting my money's worth for not only the game, but the hardware in my PC. Might be adressed in a patch though, if you're lucky.

Don't think some of you are geting what I'm asking. I am stuck on medium and yes i saw the other post but when I played the DEMO i wasen't restricted to medium settings and played on ultra/high settings! My game right now is way to smooth im running at insane fps and even my load times are fast that i see people complaining about (guessing cause of all the ram im running) I've clicked the shadder 3.0 (high) and still resticts me to mediuem i would so love to like lose grass detail or something to get the textures and units on high just because of how BAD their animation looks on med. This is retarded.