Thread: when commeth the Modding?

dandadandan's Avatar Laetus

Default when commeth the Modding?

To all the great modders out there, when will this game be under your control? safe from the arms of the now evil CA?

I need to see historical realism and units that are individualized, although I'm not sure how possible this is going to be. any ideas?

Default Re: when commeth the Modding?

Quote Originally Posted by dandadandan View Post
    To all the great modders out there, when will this game be under your control? safe from the arms of the now evil CA?

I need to see historical realism and units that are individualized, although I'm not sure how possible this is going to be. any ideas?
    I think when the official SDK comes available.
    For me personally the biggest issues that i like too see modded are the unit size, time and movement rates, unlocking of all the nations and more provinces.

I'd like to see all the special units be made available to everyone. All the files needed are included in every version of ETW, so you just need to make them recruitable.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Yorkiesand23's Avatar Foederatus

Icon3 Re: when commeth the Modding?

Hi

Should we (the community) be pressing CA for an announcement around modding of this game and the release window for any modding development tools . This may help in customer relations, which I think CA have taken a bit of hit on for right or wrong reasons.:hmmm:

I would like to point out that I have HL2 through steam and they are plenty of mods to play on it through the tools that valve released. I would hope it is just a question of time for the tools to be released, but they do have to manage user expectations and I do this everyday as PM in IT if you don't do it right it can be very hard to recover from it.
    Last edited by Yorkiesand23; March 05, 2009 at 07:32 AM. Reason: quantify my statement

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkiesand23 View Post
    Hi

Should we (the community) be pressing CA for an announcement around modding of this game and the release window for any modding development tools . This may help in customer relations, which I think CA have taken a bit of hit on for right or wrong reasons.:hmmm:

I would like to point out that I have HL2 through steam and they are plenty of mods to play on it through the tools that valve released. I would hope it is just a question of time for the tools to be released, but they do have to manage user expectations and I do this everyday as PM in IT if you don't do it right it can be very hard to recover from it.
    Agreed, giving the tools will only increase the sales of the game.
    They have promised this and they should give an answer to this soon.

Ketchup's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    I'd like to see all the special units be made available to everyone. All the files needed are included in every version of ETW, so you just need to make them recruitable.
    In my opinion, this should never happen. And I don't think it will ever happen - it is against copyright laws.

Roma Surrectum 2.0 Team Member
    R.I.P Calvin