Thread: Where is the CD Key?

Default Where is the CD Key?

I went out a purchased a boxed copy of the SF edition of Empire: TW. I have tried to install the game, however, I cannot find a CD Key with the game! I've looked all over, there are no addition inserts, stickers or otherwise in the game box. The only key that I have is the key for the SF units (which activated fine).

I've submitted a support ticket to SEGA but I wondering if the CD Key may be somewhere else? Apparently, I can use the SF units though ....

Default Re: Where is the CD Key?

go to "reinstall", then type in the SF key at the prompt (again - it is a "double-use key")

I am stuck on the next step now - Steam is too busy!!!

I was think it was the actual game key, but the insert with the SF Units states this:

To access your exclusive, downloadable, elite units:
    1) Install Empire Total War and the Steam client as per instructions included with the game.
    2) Launch the Steam client and select "Active a product on Steam... " under the Games menu
    3) Go through the Steam Product activation wizard, entering the product code below as prompted
    4) The units will then become available in the single-player campaign mode.
    #1 seems to tell me that this is a separate code and not "dual access". The other funny part is the game is not appearing in my "uninstalled game" list.

Trust me Genrit - we are the exact same point in the install process :-)

I am 1 step ahead of you - but still stuck. The joy of Steam....

Ok.... I'll go back to beating my head against a wall i.e. Steam

I went back to Best Buy and opened up another copy of the SF edition. It appears ALL of the SF edition copies, (at least at the Best Buy near me) is lacking both the main CD Key and the Best Buy exclusive unit card.

I opened (at the return desk) a standard edition and it had a CD Key sticker and the the Best Buy exclusive unit card.

I exchanged the SF edition for the standard edition and I am now installing the game fine with no Steam errors. The SF key is not a dual key.

The SF edition from Best Buy appears to be borked.....

similar story with my SF edition from EB. Double map. No manual and no 'normal' cd key

not much in my Bestbuy SF edition . I had the SF unit card, art book, dvd and instruction book. Couldn't return it untill today. I was missing the map, uss constitution and tech foldout.... not to mention the freakin cd key... -.-