Thread: Activating retail Empire on steam not working

Default Activating retail Empire on steam not working

I have problem installing the game, which is that I can't install it. I have bought a retail copy of it and it requires me to activate the game on steam before I can install it. Steam just complains that servers are too busy. I have tried everything to get the game working. Any1 have any solutions for this problem?
    Last edited by eppuJ; March 04, 2009 at 10:33 AM.

Default Re: Activating retail Empire on steam not working

Quote Originally Posted by eppuJ View Post
    I have problem installing the game, which is that I can't install it. I have bought a retail copy of it and it requires me to activate the game on steam before I can install it. Steam just complains that servers are too busy. I have tried everything to get the game working. Any1 have any solutions for this problem?
    I'm afraid you just gotta wait a while, because as it says, the servers are too busy at the moment.

I have the opposite problem, I registered without any problems, but I can't install the bloody game.

I've been trying to install the game the whole day, for six hours now. I can remember the damn cd-key without even looking the paper because I have to type it every time I try to install the game.

sharky4u's Avatar Civis

I AM SO VERY DISAPPOINTED!

A terrible way to treat customers, waiting now for 13 hours to get an update to play something i paid good money for.

I am a huge fan of the game and was lucky enough to play it on the hands on day and all the hard work they have done to produce a fantastic title is ruined by some fool not doing a basic scalibility test on steam.

What is the point in buying a retail game that needs all this data off line before play? Why not let us install and play the dam thing, do a quick validation check and get on with it.

There are two kinds of officers, sir: killin' officers and murderin' officers. Killin' officers are poor old buggers that get you killed by mistake.

Murderin' officers are mad, bad, old buggers that get you killed on purpose - for a country, for a religion, maybe even for a flag!

may be a stupid question but are you installing with the right cd key? ie the One on the manual not the special forces insert ?