Thread: Serious steam problems...

Laetus

Default Serious steam problems...

Hi, first of all, I would like to apologize as I am adding yet another topic detailing people's strife with steam ; however I really have no idea what this means , could anyone shed light as to what this error code indicates and what I can do to fix it?
    " Steamprocess(create account) (0xab003,0xd25sc4c,0x2dfd54) failed with error 200: failed to connect to any general directory server,winsock error 0 'no error' "

As I have mentioned I have no prior experience with steam apart from this installation of ETW , its really frustrating me that I cannot even install the game I bought (boxed) for thirty quid! , ach , I was really looking forward to this game .
    “My parents were so poor, so poor that they used to take me to the pet department and tell me it was a zoo.”

Ondaderthad's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Serious steam problems...

Google is your friend when you get errors.

A quick search revealed:
    http://www.steamfriends.com/forums/i...?showtopic=589

and in particular:
    Firewall Issues With Steam

I receive one or more of the following errors:

* Steam.exe (main exception): Unable to load library Steam.dll
    * SteamProcessCall(Login) failed with error 200: Connection Reset, WinSock error 10054 Connection Reset by Peer
    * SteamStartEngine(0x12e88c) failed with error 201: Cannot perform this operation while offline
    * Steam Servers Busy or Servers are Busy
    * Steam is temporarily unavailable
    * Secure Connection Failed
    * Could not connect to Steam Network
    * Could not connect to Master Game Server to Retrieve Server List

These error messages usually occur when a firewall is blocking or interfering with steam in any way. You will need to add the following to your firewalls exception list...

* steaminstall.exe
    * steam.exe
    * hl.exe
    * hl2.exe
    * steamTmp.exe

After a steam client update you may need to delete and then re-add the instances listed above to your firewalls exception list. After updating your firewall exception lists you may need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Steam must also be given full access to the following ports:

* UDP 27000 to 27020 inclusive
    * TCP 27020 to 27050 inclusive
    * TCP 27015

You can also check:
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2198-AGHC-7226

Laetus

Thanks , ive given that a go now.
    It seems to recognise my account at least, yet I still seem to be having trouble connecting to a server regardless of firewall settings.. Gah!
    Last edited by commissar; March 04, 2009 at 03:40 PM.
    “My parents were so poor, so poor that they used to take me to the pet department and tell me it was a zoo.”

I have have tried to install Empire Total War and I get the same error: Cannot load library steam.dll. I have no internet connection at home. Does that mean installation will not work?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii
    Moderator Emeritus

That is right. No internet connection, no Steam to activate it and install it.