Thread: Questions about installation.

Default Questions about installation.

Yea this sucks.

I have bought ETW from a pc-gamestore and I start to install it..
    This throws a annoying steam pop-up right to my face. I install steam and start installing the game itself. It installs approx 600mb and says 'complete' and my steam informs me that it's downloading Empire Total War [now 1%. Wtf!?]..

So. It seems that because of the steam, my computer tries to "install" it via steam. This is freaking slow (dunno how slow with +800kb/s, but still) and my computer has an autoturnoff at 22 pm (in 2½ hours here). So obviously i'd have to start this whole process again tomorrow...

So my question is. Is there any way to avoid the freaking stupid steam installation and install the game itself via the 2 discs, not steam (which is slow, due to many players online at the same time).

And second question. What on earth is it actually doing with the Steam installation. Why does it install it via steam and what is the steam install doing anyway?

AND. Is there any faster way to install the game and get playing than waiting this whole time as the steam downloads the game (i dunno why. I have the 2 discs right here so this is ridiculous)?

Could someone answer these questions and tell me the way to get playing, please.

Regards. HF

Default Re: Questions about installation.

You're lucky, my installation doesn't even go that far.

Hopefully this thread can help you thou, good luck!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=230935

Default Re: Questions about installation.

Didn't help much.. I'd like to access the installing from disk phase, but it still tries to install through steam..

How do i disable any local connections for a while?