Thread: Font size

Default Font size

Bought Empire, installed Empire, started Empire; cannot read text due to being too small. Looked in options, saw nothing relating to font size.

Can you change font size?

If not I will have to take the game back and declare it unfit for purpose, bang on about trading laws and possbily, if no refund is coming, report the incident to trading standards.

(Sigh)

All I want to do is play the 4th game in the best-ever tactical/strategic genre, but I cannot read the text.

Please can anyone tell me how to change the text so I don't have to go through the above!

Default Re: Font size

im having the same problem. resolution is 1280x720. cant read anything... even the menus are illegible. i hope i wont have to mod files to correct this. waited for the download on steam and i was soooo excited to play.... :-(

p.s. had the same problem with DoW2.

principes's Avatar Laetus

I´m running at 1024x and am also bugged by the small text

....first I´ve suspected that it was due to old age, but now it seems to be a game design problem
    ...that feels a litle better but a font solution would be nice anyway.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

If I just got new glasses and I'm having problems, I know it's not me and that's 1024x768. CA, if your listening, how baout changing the font size a few pixels larger?

Thinks its just the blurryness of the text, check out the topic i made, plenty of other people are experiencing this.

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

I'm legaly blind run at 1600x1050 ona 22in lcd monitor and can read it just fine so im not sure whats wrong with yours. Its small enough to make me have to look cloesly for the descriptons of units and tech etc but not completey tiny and i can read everywhere else fine.

Well dont you find that as a problem? Even yourself said it was a little hard to read... Dont get whats so hard about fixing the blurryness...

Same problem here. Running on 1200 x 800 (laptop) and text is really small.... (well all the menus are small minus that of the Main menu)

PXZyan's Avatar Ducenarius

I wish they had a TEXT font option

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo11 View Post
    im having the same problem. resolution is 1280x720. cant read anything... even the menus are illegible. i hope i wont have to mod files to correct this. waited for the download on steam and i was soooo excited to play.... :-(

p.s. had the same problem with DoW2.
    1280/720??? thats an odd resolution do you use laptop or widescreen??try 1280/1024 or 1280/960..or even 1280/800

Sander Cohen's Avatar Ordinarius

Yeah the font is too small. I tried all different resolutions and no difference really.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    If I just got new glasses and I'm having problems, I know it's not me and that's 1024x768. CA, if your listening, how baout changing the font size a few pixels larger?

Not being able to easily read the tons of in-game information is a bad problem. I would like to have a font graphics option also.

Quote Originally Posted by entwood2 View Post
    Not being able to easily read the tons of in-game information is a bad problem. I would like to have a font graphics option also.
    I found turning down the graphics and unclicking the extra graphical goodies helped

my2bob
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)