Thread: Problems Loading the Game

Default Problems Loading the Game

Hey GUys. I was trying to load the Land battle tutorial and it sits and loads for a while (yes i have defragged) and as it gets the the end it flashes up the game, some horses on grass, and then flicks back to the laoding screen to show the last little bit of the loading bar fill and then it flicks back to the horses and then the loading bar and does this quickly for a bit until it crashes. I can here the levels sound playing talking about crushing the spanish and stuff.

I am running windows 7 X64bit, which i thought may be the problem but someone siad they had it working fine on that.

Quad core CPU
    8800 GTX card
    4 gig RAM

Anyone got any ideas on getting it working.

Thanks

Default Re: Problems Loading the Game

Quote Originally Posted by CraziCrow View Post
    Hey GUys. I was trying to load the Land battle tutorial and it sits and loads for a while (yes i have defragged) and as it gets the the end it flashes up the game, some horses on grass, and then flicks back to the laoding screen to show the last little bit of the loading bar fill and then it flicks back to the horses and then the loading bar and does this quickly for a bit until it crashes. I can here the levels sound playing talking about crushing the spanish and stuff.

I am running windows 7 X64bit, which i thought may be the problem but someone siad they had it working fine on that.

Quad core CPU
    8800 GTX card
    4 gig RAM

Anyone got any ideas on getting it working.

Thanks
    Well to be honest you are running a beta OS. Even if someone else is running it with Windows 7 doesn't mean you will be able to, even if the specs are similar.

Yeah i was worried that may be the problem. But i thought before uninstalling it all it was worth asking if anyone had any ideas first.

Yeah i was worried that may be the problem. But i thought before uninstalling it all it was worth asking if anyone had any ideas first.
    Yeah fair enough, have you got all your drivers up to date? I'm guessing you need beta drivers for Windows 7 yeah? If so try using the latest non beta version.

Yeah they are as up to date as i can get. They didnt have beta drivers for my stuff (i know, another thing against me) but it all isntalled and was recognised fine. I have tried running the game in compatibility mode for vista too and still no joy...although steam doesn't like that anyway.

Yeah they are as up to date as i can get. They didnt have beta drivers for my stuff (i know, another thing against me) but it all isntalled and was recognised fine. I have tried running the game in compatibility mode for vista too and still no joy...although steam doesn't like that anyway.
    Hmm okay, well as the game crashes as soon as the battle is about to begin that makes me think it is either a sound card related issue or most likely a graphics driver issue.

I think your best bet would to either go back to Vista or XP and try it then, or if you have enough space set up a dual boot so you don't need to uninstall Windows 7.

When i said i have all the latest drivers...It looks like Nvidia have released some new beta drivers for windows 7 yesterday....Downloading now

When i said i have all the latest drivers...It looks like Nvidia have released some new beta drivers for windows 7 yesterday....Downloading now
    Ah excellent, hope it works for you.