Thread: Steam query

Default Steam query

Hello, I know this should be posted in the steam forums but i am not able to access them unfortunately.

I am unable to do online gaming during the day at my university so I would like to run steam in offline mode, however when I try it says "Steam Error: This operation cannot be completed when steam is in offline mode".

Could anyone offer a possible solution, many thanks.

Ps. I think this steam network has been nothing but trouble, all I want to do is play the campaign not mess about with this stupid online community tool.

Default Re: Steam query

Could really use some assistance with this

Default Re: Steam query

Quote Originally Posted by lanval View Post
    Hello, I know this should be posted in the steam forums but i am not able to access them unfortunately.

I am unable to do online gaming during the day at my university so I would like to run steam in offline mode, however when I try it says "Steam Error: This operation cannot be completed when steam is in offline mode".

Could anyone offer a possible solution, many thanks.

Ps. I think this steam network has been nothing but trouble, all I want to do is play the campaign not mess about with this stupid online community tool.
    Yeah this is a common problem, and a great example of Steam royally screwing up, basically I don't think there really is a solution. The only thing I can suggest is that you but your computer into standby, and therefore leave Steam running, so when you are no longer on the network you already have steam booted up and so can play the game still.