Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: The World Map Community Project

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

Default Re: The World Map Community Project

Any progress?

Michigan247's Avatar Civis

Some guy seems to be making a lot of progress in this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393914

MarkusAntonius's Avatar Tiro

Hey dudes i have a question didn't have a way to substitute the campaign map or cover it with the med2 or rome textures that are easily edited because i've heard that the world was discovered inside the game but they can't create a map because the tools so if they could change it
    Last edited by MarkusAntonius; January 09, 2011 at 07:22 AM.

RyanJLock's Avatar Libertus

I guess you could use the world map already included. The parts highlighted in green appear to be the currently available theaters and regions, so it might be possible to keep the three theaters i.e. Asia, Americas and Europe/Africa or we could make some changes and merge all the regions into one world theater. Either way making all of the map isn't all you would need to do, there are wildernesses that need to be turned to regions and regions that would need to be added. Possible? Yes, but a lot of data, time and editing.

Taraphir's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJLock View Post
    I guess you could use the world map already included. The parts highlighted in green appear to be the currently available theaters and regions, so it might be possible to keep the three theaters i.e. Asia, Americas and Europe/Africa or we could make some changes and merge all the regions into one world theater. Either way making all of the map isn't all you would need to do, there are wildernesses that need to be turned to regions and regions that would need to be added. Possible? Yes, but a lot of data, time and editing.
    Hello RyanJLock greetings from Prussia to Merry old England. If Iīm not mistaken you are interested in campaign map alterations. Well certainly this is the most important issue in regard to Empire Total War modding at present. Unfortunately the campaign map canīt be modifed for now but research is progressing with high energy. Please visit the listed thread and perhaps you can even give a helping hand:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...355187&page=63

Thread moved to the ETW mod workshop as it's a modding project & please don't derail this thread by debating historical distribution of regions at a particular time, read the OP please that's not why this thread was made.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=538299

Incase the Mappers in here haven't seen this Latest announcement from CA? Some Good News at last from Creative Assembly.

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

That's a battle map editor. Won't help a bit with the world map. And people are editing battle maps already. CA patting their own shoulders over that "achievement" is totally inappropriate, seeing how quickly the community came up with those tools it has up to now.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzerfreund View Post
    That's a battle map editor. Won't help a bit with the world map. And people are editing battle maps already. CA patting their own shoulders over that "achievement" is totally inappropriate, seeing how quickly the community came up with those tools it has up to now.
    Well, they could at least meet us halfway with a World Map Editor, at least give us a hint of which direction to go.

It is annoying, not asking them to do everything for us all, but at least give the Modders a Good Start Forward.

YES YES this looks really good if u guys can pull it off. if u do i will love u guys forever(no homo) . Please include australier i would really like to have that country in the game. keep it up

hey you guys just a tip the wildernis on the grand campaign map actually in Kansas and Oklahoma. you can move i gues if these options can be made for the rest of the map and maybe some textures of the whole world and some changes region esf i dont care about regions on those textures but it whould still be awsome

is this still alive?

No