Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Bug Report Thread

Default Re: The official bug reporting thread

Quote Originally Posted by ForlornHope. View Post
    You can fix the blue stuff by going to catalyst control center and disabling adaptive antiallasing. It only happens with ati cards.
    Unfortunatly, it also happend to me even altough I have a 9800GTX+ (AMD Q9950 QUAD, 4 GB RAM)... Does anyone know a way to get rid of those pesky blue lines on top of the sceen? They only seem to occur when the top of the screen is over the ocean.. Altough I'm not entirely sure about that... Because once, Europe's soil was flickering blue aswell, but when I zoomed out and in again it dissapeared.

Also, I have got some campaign map lag, not because of low fps, but trade ships and wagons teleport across their path and flags don't wave fluidly. Had one crash as well, happend about an hour and a half or so in game, haven't played a landbattle yet, just two seabattles with some pirates.

Speaking about pirates, I saw a Marathas navy's flag flicker in between their own and a pirate flag... I figured that they were rebelling, but the next turn they stopped flickering and just sailed towards another Marathas navy and merged.. Very weird

Man, this is really killing my game experience...
    But I really would like someone to help me with the blue lines and campaign lag. IF there even is a solution..
    Last edited by robinv; March 06, 2009 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robinv View Post
    Speaking about pirates, I saw a Marathas navy's flag flicker in between their own and a pirate flag... I figured that they were rebelling, but the next turn they stopped flickering and just sailed towards another Marathas navy and merged.. Very weird
    I think the Faction/Pirate flickering indicates that the fleet in question is raiding an enemy's trade route.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Weasel View Post
    I think the Faction/Pirate flickering indicates that the fleet in question is raiding an enemy's trade route.
    Oooh, that makes sense, thank you!
    Do you happen to know anything about the blue lines aswell?

Foederatus

Can you tell me if anyone gets any of these bugs.
    -In the battle of Quebec (road to independence) Slowmo soldiers and cannon fire hitting land and causing water explosion effect.
    -Massive frame rate drops due to native americans self shading (can't turn off)
    -Water not rendering at all in land battles creating a shiny blob?
    -Poor performance on a good rig
    -ordering a unit to go somewhere, and they go somewhere completely random
    -ordering a unit to shoot at another, but deciding even though they have ammo to try and charge through that unit
    -floating bodies, and horse riders sitting on dead horses
    -and I forgot the campain map having a steady frame rate, but jumping a lot whilst scrolling across it
    -lastly metallic sounding sfx of soldiers marching sometimes?
    Last edited by ben1215; March 06, 2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: I forgot something

Innos's Avatar Campidoctor

When one infantry unit charges into another unit, they carry on running.

Sometimes if cavalry charge into infantry, the infantry fly backwards (I mean really really far backwards!)

There's a bit of an animation bug when one cavalryman kills another cavalryman (the dead one seems to fall of his horse then shoot across the ground).
    U.L.B.C. | W.B.C.

"Rowing is the only sport that originated as a form of capital punishment."

I have several bugs to report:

1. Agent Movement - This happens often when you begin your turn and you first receive a message that you've acquired an agent. If you immediately go to the city, when you click on the Agent tab and try to move him, your entire army moves out of the city instead of the agent.

This is bug infuriating. I've actually lost cities to an opportunistic army that was sitting nearby because my army moved out of the city instead of my agent.

If this bug can't be squashed, then please at least consider adding an "Undo Move" command or something.

2. AI Ship sound - I keep running into this and it's super annoying. Sometimes on the AI's turn on the campaign map, a ship will be moving and the sound of the ship sailing goes way up in volume and continue looping, even when you begin your next turn. It then stays that way until you destroy the ship...whenever you can get to it. Seems to happen to ships that move to blockade a trade route.

I have a Creative SB Xi-Fi card with the latest drivers, on 32-bit Vista.

3. City Info Bar - When you have a city selected on the map, you normally see a small black bar below it that tells you the population, if they're happy, the income of that city, etc. If you then use the arrow icons to move between your cities, that black banner eventually stops showing for your selected city. If you click on a different city on the map, it will show up again.

4. Trade Route Income - When you mouse over a trade route that is worth 10,000 or more gold, the bar sometimes gets "cut off" at about 4 digits and does not show the full value.

I had a few more but didn't write them down while I was playing. I'll come back later to report them.

Game setting window broken - reproduced with three other instances of ETW

How to reproduce:

1. Go into the grand campaign
    2. Hit esc and click on options
    3. Click on game settings
    4. Change something - anything.
    5. Click the check button.

Your game is now stuck in a limbo state. The settings window cannot be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by robinv View Post
    Oooh, that makes sense, thank you!
    Do you happen to know anything about the blue lines aswell?
    Only that you're not the only one to report them. Sorry!

Icon13

Last edited by MikeV; March 21, 2009 at 04:07 PM.

Sander Cohen's Avatar Ordinarius

Game crashes every time I try to merge units after a battle.

Default AI army balancin problem

In my prussia campaign im currently at war with PLC

to make a long story short i got interceptet by a PLC force with 11 artillery units and 4 infantry units.. this is some most stupid army balancing i have seen for a long time, and its super easy to defeat, without any major loses.

just wanted to make CA see this and improve army balance in the next patch

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

there is a serious bug with reserch. If you research something like square formation on the second tieryou can never reserch plug bayonet or carbine. This has also happened for arguculture. It says 0 turns to research and then never finshes. I had to get the french to give it to me for 3500! This is a serious bug that can permantly screw up campagins.

My mortar shots reflect sometimes when they hit the ground like in a billiard game. they seem to get shot back randomly. really weird. playing everything on low gfx settings.

Quote Originally Posted by strongside View Post
    HEEEEEELP!

The HUD is fine but as you can see the actual game play graphics look psychedelic and those colors just flash all over the place. Does ANYONE know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

PC specs:

Intel dual 3.2 GHZ
    P5Q Deluxe mobo
    4 gigs of DDR2
    ATI 4850HD
    On-board sound
    Vista 32bit home
    * ALL DRIVERS ARE UP TO DATE

--
    Had to use camera since I have no idea how to take a SS and where it is stored.
    wow!
    Im glad i dont have the computer to play this game now...

Garb
    why doesnt a mod put the list of all the bugs in the OP post ...
    since this thread is 10 pages long already...
    it would be neat from you guys..

Also....
    To bug- Catchers...
    it would be nice if you did ut ur specs on your original post...
    DxDiag is very helpful right now.
    Last edited by eddy_purpus; March 06, 2009 at 02:50 PM.

Default Re: AI army balancin problem

I killed a similar one that was defending warsaw.

Windows XP SP 3
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320Mb
    Core 2 Duo 6400
    2 GB ram

Bug:
    Playing as Prussia was ferrying troops from one province to another and attempted to land them on a neutral province. Computer asked if I really wanted to do this. I chose Cancel Move 3 times and it kept popping up the question buttons. Changed to ask for Miltary Access and the screen went white, showed the diplomacy screen for a fraction of a second and crashed to desktop.

BTW, I just checked and there are newer video drivers for my card. Just installed them.

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

Default Re: AI army balancin problem

@juliw

that really looks like to much arti, but who knows if you dont had any cavalry it could work^^

On campaign map, sometimes when I click a naval unit, the sound for a sinking ship and/or just a navy unit turns on and gets incredibly loud and continues repeating itself no matter what.

Campaign map is jerky and cuts a lot, especially when moving naval units.

I get CTD's on loading screens for certain land battles (usually sieges) of fairly large numbers of units.

Not sure if this is my rig or the game, but I get an "insufficient video memory" error every once in awhile, although my video card has about 640 mb

-On the battle map HUD you can drag around the unit cards.They reset when you click on another card so It doesn't seem intentional
    -Sometimes when you tell an agent to leave a settlement, it moves the garrisoned army instead
    -Character portraits aren't varied enough.I keep seeing duplicate portraits (both of the characters are alive at the same time too)
    -I captured hyderabad (I was maratha conf.) and destroyed all the buildings then I let it rebel.Marathan rebels captured it and a few turns later the flag became solid crimson red and mousing over the territory said great Britain-at war even though I wasn't at war with them and that flag didn't exist in the faction list.
    -I beat chapter 3 of RtI (freeing the colonists from British rule) but steam didn't give me the achievement.Maybe I need to beat chapter 4, if so then the description of the achievement is a little misleading
    -I sent a rake to a settlement and got some unit info.The next turn it showed 4 blank unit cards; the army and my rake were still there but I was no longer gathering intel.
    -when you finish a naval engagement the sinking sound used for the loser's vessel lasts waaay too long
    -I noticed a typo.It should say "these goodS..." but it doesn't have the s
    Last edited by skullman86; March 06, 2009 at 06:00 PM.

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

i suddenly cant research anything it all says zero turns whats going on???