Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Bug Report Thread

AlCord's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: The official bug reporting thread

Sometimes in the battle map some trees and houses don't render exactly. They remain as a graphic as if the camera is zoomed far away, even if you zoom max in.

Default Re: Repeated CTD during AI Turn Phase

mine crashed during pirates turn. over and over again. during long campaign as prussia. now i am starting a world domination as prussia. see how it goes

Civis

My Dragoons get stuck sometimes. Standing next to their horse, not moving a limb. Unfortunately they still get slaughered.

Once had it, that my Dragoons got on horseback again, but because about the half of them got killed dismounted, the squadron embraced about 20 riderless horses while roaming the battlefield.

SilentFlame's Avatar Laetus

My game tends to crash whenever the AI or myself capture a city. I have no idea why this is happening.

Soldiers that take cover behind walls, can't shoot. Almost lost a battle because of that, the enemy was closing in and before i was wondering why the heck my well well placed troops didn't shoot, he unleashed hell.

I made a replay of it (please don't comment about my play, i wanted to loose the battle, so i can blame the bug for that and reload ).

Sardonicus's Avatar Biarchus

The rivers on the battle maps look like black rivers of tar. The shadows flicker like strobe lights on all settings. The battles freeze and lock up and lag horribly. Horrible nasty game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3PT5NUroxA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYzt1ao81jU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2c_BvVBd-Q

Quote Originally Posted by heyhellowhatsnew View Post
    The Total War community is almost as bad as Monster Hunter and DOTA. Christ some of you are manchildren.

SilentFlame's Avatar Laetus

Game crashes when either AI or player captures a region capital. Makes the game unplayable. Has happened repeatedly and with more frequency every time I restart the game. I can't finish the turn now.

This is happening to a LOT of people.

I, personally, am super happy that I payed $70 for an unpolished game that I can't even play.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardonicus View Post
    The rivers on the battle maps look like black rivers of tar.
    I have this same problem, but it only occured when I turned on AA. Rivers looked like muddy water before. (not clear).

Also have the slow motion infantry bug. While playing on the Quebec siege map in RTI. Units move in slow mo.. very annoying and almost lost me the battle!

Another one, when selecting an agent to move out of the city the whole army moves out and leaves the agent in the town... should be other way around!

One more, units can't pass a fort, they have to garrison it from one side and then come out of the other... kinda silly, don't knowif this is intended but your own units should just be able to bypass your own fort!

I would like to report a bug.

When you are attacking/being attacked by multiple armies, and one of the secondary(reinforcing) armies have stationary artillery(like demi-cannons, who can't be moved in-battle), you cannot get the end battle screen/box. Even after you routed all enemies, the artillery still count as enemies present on the field, a small red part can also be seen on the dominance-meter left of the minimap, indicating there are still enemies present. Naturally, since the reinforcement armies aren't present on the field at the start, and the artillery is immobile, you will be unable to see or reach them.

This limits us to auto-resolving battles in some occassions.

Lets hope the issue can be patched quickly via steam.

Yup, my game is crashing @ 1706 using the British when I get to the 13 Colonies or Iroquois. Hope this is patched ASAP

Another one, when selecting an agent to move out of the city the whole army moves out and leaves the agent in the town... should be other way around!
    You can get around this if you click and hold on the agent's unit card and drag it over an area on the campaign map outside the city and release. After he's outside you can move him wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph View Post
    A number of people have reported the same thing on my thread on the Totalwar.com forums, all also crashed during native american turns.
    Unfortunately I'm having the same issue. Playing as France, during the AI phase of Turn 24, one of the Native American factions crashes at the exact spot each time. Screen goes white, then CTD.

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Same here, ive played 3 different campaigns, and each one crashes on the AI turn around turn 25ish! And once it happens, theres no going back, you have to start again. WTF!!! I wait over a year missing sleep in anticipation for this game (by the way it came out on my B-Day), and it doesnt even work! It is utterly ruined by bugs! FIX THIS!

Game runs smooth when it is actually running. So far iv'e gotten crashes during campaigns, custom battles even the tutorial all with this message that "Empire.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". The message with the Send or Don't send report to Microsoft. In the app log it says either a faulty mss32.dll or empire.exe.

Any help is appreciated as i can't even play the game because of this. I only get to play for a bit before it does this.

Sander Cohen's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by robfosters View Post
    The only bugs I have are constant CTD when I merge my units in a certain fort. I think it was the first french fort you capture on the RTI campaign. However, I move them just outside and it's fine. Noticed the sliding soldiers a few times.

I am probably not as far through the game as most of you, but tbf, I am finding the majority of it fine.
    I'm having the same thing. I think its crashing mostly when I'm merging units after a battle, usually fort battles.

Very minor: the character gains attribute sheet (or whatever it is called) came up blank, no trait or character indicated.

This has happened twice: on the battle map units get stuck in buildings they seize and won't obey commands to exit. I had to use the withdraw from battle (white flag) order to get them to leave, then direct them back into battle once they left the building.
    Last edited by TheArsenal; March 06, 2009 at 08:56 AM.

When I start game some glitches appear already in movies! And when I start Grand Campaign - this crash occurs (after it BSOD):

My computer:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    AMD64 X2 5200+@ 2.8 GHz
    Biostar TA770 A2+ v.5.2
    2x 2Gb DDRII 800MHz Patriot (dual-chanel, 2T),
    Palit Sonic GeForce 9600GT 512Mb (FW 182.06),
    Seagate 7200.10 320Gb,
    Thermaltake ToughPower 600W (W0103),
    Windows 7 beta 7000

But, if I start playing in window, all is going well... :shock:

Grrr I'm also now getting the random "click unit X leads to CTD" problem.

Frustrated that I couldn't continue my French campaign due to the aforementioned problem...I reloaded my RTI campaign. Played about 10 more turns in it (year 1818), and now when I click some Navies or even Dockyards (...or Navys WITHIN a Dockyard), I lag like heck then CTD.

I can't believe we all waited so long and now this buggyness.