Thread: anyone have the unit stats?

Default anyone have the unit stats?

posted this in general but its probably better here, anyone who has the game, can you easily access the unit stats and if so can you post them

Default Re: anyone have the unit stats?

Heh, wait until someone releases an unpacker so they can easily be copied and pasted. I have to say I'm not to pleased with the stats. Like the unit variety, it seems to strongly favour Britain and France.

For example, I see in the early period they've giving Britain the best 'Line Infantry' by a noticeable margin. They have 15 defence whereas most other countries get 13 - Prussia being the exception with 14. Ahem, weren't Prussian infantry considered better? Were Britain's infantry really the best? Think I'm going to mod Britain down to 13 - the average - and Prussia up to 15, and, perhaps, move France up to 14. Think I'll consult someone who knows more about the relative strengths and weaknesses of the armies first, though.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; March 04, 2009 at 12:25 AM.

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

Prussian infantry became legendary with the reforms of Frederick II (1740-ish), he made the Prussian army into the effective fighting force that has the grand reputation. Before that, the Prussians were certainly good soldiers (reflected in the +1 defence rating) but not too much over other nations' infantry.

Don't know why Britain got such good infantry, though
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

the british line infantry was amoung the best in the world, because they drilled their troops and unlike the french they practiced with live amunition. the french even took the sights off their muskets to stop them trying to aim, because they were so bad. although the time period im talking about was nearer the end of 18th century
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran